Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA and some data points! Approval.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA and some data points! Approval.

Hey Everyone!

I'd like to give everyone thanks in helping each other out on here! And thanks for helping me out!
I Don't know if this will help anyone out however, I'll post some data points as quick as possible. lol. Started in 10/30/19 with 650 credit. Did some dumb stuff with cards when I was 19 now 11 years later I decided to look at my credit. Today, now at about 670 EX with 5 credit cards and a Wayfair card totaling about $18,200 . A 36k car loan. Anyway, I'd like to share my experience with BBVA! As of today I’m ‘in the garden’ as they say until AMEX wants to throw me a bone!

I live WAY out of their footprint in Rochester, New York. Received a mailer a few weeks ago and put it to the side. Last Sunday night (1/12/2020). I saw the mailer again and went ahead. They asked for my ID and two days later they asked for a utility bill. two days later still nothing. Called today (1/17/2020). The guy stated everything was there and that he would call them and asked what was the hold up and then call me back. About 15 mins later-he called back, saying I'll know by today tomorrow or Monday. Before we even hung up they had sent me an email saying congratulations! No approval amount, as I’ve read that’s pretty common. So for those of you who don’t want to call, if they sent you a link where you were to upload documents just go back to that link (after you’re approved), enter your ssn, name and whatever else and it will long you in and asked you to set up the account. After that it will show you your CL. Mine was $8,400! Highest SL yet. Now only if I could get Discover up to that amount.

I know they pulled EX I don’t know what they got but according to my EX app I was at 670 with 7 inquiries 4 new accounts and a car loan since October ‘19.

So basically you may want to call them after a few days of not hearing from them. I feel like that’s the biggest complaint during the initial application.

Did I forget anything?

Thanks everyone!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BBVA and some data points! Approval.

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

They use FICO EX9 and Vantage for approvals.

Congratulations!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... I live WAY out of their footprint in Rochester, New York ... 

Good job. Congrats! on a very nice approval.

The best pizza I've ever eaten was at Proietti's, when they were just a pizzareia. Smiley LOL Good times.

Message 4 of 12
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Message 5 of 12
thornback
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval & very nice SL!   

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 6 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your BBVA approval!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!
Message 9 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.