Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCP Approval.... 15k!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BCP Approval.... 15k!

Congrats!

I got the card last September and absolutely love it!

I'm in the same boat as her, too.  At the time, I was making around 18k a year.  Put that I made 20k and was told that they needed to review my information.  Not even a minute after that, I got an email saying I was approved for 15,000.  My only other CC prior to that was the Discover It card with a 5k CL.

Message 11 of 20
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 12 of 20
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So my GF has come around to the 'credit life's and the next best card that fit her profile was thinking BCP, I let her know the wireless promotion was going to end on the 15th and to apply by then, well she just did this morning.

She asked me what I thought she got and knowing her highest of 4 cards was 4600, I thought it would be around 1.5. ...oh she started with a 1 and a 5 alright. 15k. Her income is at 30k lol, her scores are right around 750 across the board.

Is this even somewhat normal? I've never seen a BCP this high initially.

I started with a $15k limit on my BCP on May 11th,  I was just approved for a CLI of $19k for a total Limit of $34k. so it does happen.  Also my friend just got a BCE card with a SL of $21, 300

$325k Total Limits, 4% Util
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats !

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, BCE with a SL of $21,300?  What does his file and scores look like?

Message 15 of 20
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, BCE with a SL of $21,300?  What does his file and scores look like?

His scores are high 700's, (770+) no baddies and has had a Costco Amex since 2005 along with a Gold.  Has a Chase Slate ($5k) that he actually had to recon to get.    An Apple Visa ($2k)  and I think that's it.  I was surprised by it as well. Not sure why it wasn't and even # like $21k even,  His Costco was only $8k

$325k Total Limits, 4% Util
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, kuma, and welcome to the Amex BCP family! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

770+ scores with no baddies can get you just about anything, it seems!  Well done.

Message 18 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very well done!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The 'up to 200 back at wireless stores' expires on applications soon. she wants to upgrade from an s5 to an s7 and there's no reason ton not get money back for it. That and for Her, this is the perfect card.

No negatives at all. Her credit was unknowingly ignorantly good for a while. When she turned 18 she got a card immediately, a clothing store then gave her a large CL on a store visa, she got a discover a few months after me, then a CU card, nothing for a long while, then a freedom(3.5k) then this. She probably has about 4 inq on each report, only 1 in the last year. Total CL with this card is about 28k. Lol.

Is it 10% for wireless store? I thought it's only 10% when using card to pay your wireless phone bill

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.