Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCP CLI (Thanks!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCP CLI (Thanks!)

Hey all:

Longtime lurker, first time poster.  Wanted to give my thanks to the community for all the great information on this board.  I'm amazed at how much I didn't know, and surprised by how far I managed to get without any info.

I applied for a BCP as my first card and was approved with a $2,000 CL.  All I knew was what my dad had told me: "never carry a balance."  Didn't know about utilization, backdating, benefits of being an authorized user (I assume this is how I got the BCP approval in the first place), etc.  Unfortunately, also knew nothing of the 60/61/62 day 3x increase at the time.  Came across this site and tried the request immediately, maybe 4 months after getting the card.  Request denied.  Was PIF every month, but had util as high as 30-40%.

Started reading up on this site and changing my spending/paying habits.  Also got a toy limit on a Credit Union Visa - $1,000 that I've never put more than $10 on in any given billing cycle.  

Tried again with AmEx about a week ago - a little over 3 months after having the CLI request denied.  Didn't risk the full 3x this time, but was instantly approved for $5k.  Will make another request in 6mo.  Around the same time, got my personal card backdated to the AmEx Gold Delta I was an Authorized User on.  

Thanks all!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: BCP CLI (Thanks!)

Welcome, glad you decided to join in and register! Smiley Happy
Congrats on your increase too!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 4
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Welcome and Congrats. Smiley Tongue

And yes this side is the best source out there. It helped me a lot also.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 3 of 4
tray
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your cli.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.