Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCU (Baxter's Credit Union) Travel Rewards Approval W/BK7 reporting

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

BCU (Baxter's Credit Union) Travel Rewards Approval W/BK7 reporting

Soo I am supposed to be gardening but BCU told me at the year mark of having the BCU Launch Secured card to App for an unsecured. So I did. And I got approved! IMO 16.25% And 2k SL is pretty good considering my BK7 was discharged 08/14/2019!

Soo should I close the Secured card now and get my 300$ back lol?118232333_745110439366104_693331809607245166_n.jpg

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BCU (Baxter's Credit Union) Travel Rewards Approval W/BK7 reporting

Congratulations...well done!

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Message 2 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WOOHOO!  Congratulations on your approval and rebuild!  

Message 3 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BCU Travel Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 14
AZ-Jeff
New Contributor

Congrats!  I'm no expert on secured cards but once you get your new card, I'd make sure if you cancelled the secured card that you do get your $300 back (as a check or statement credit?) Be aware that canceling it may affect your credit score for average account age. But $300 is $300.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

I'm so exited to have a 2x card again lol. Now I'm definitely gonna garden until I get Discover preappoval. 

Message 6 of 14
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 7 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your BCU approval. Closing the secured has no impact on AAoA with Fico, its Vantage that doesnt take into consideration closed accounts and Vantage is rarely used to make credit decisions. If you would still have at least 3 open revolving accounts and your utilization is under control closing it should have little effect.

Message 8 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous514 wrote:

Soo I am supposed to be gardening but BCU told me at the year mark of having the BCU Launch Secured card to App for an unsecured. So I did. And I got approved! IMO 16.25% And 2k SL is pretty good considering my BK7 was discharged 08/14/2019!

Soo should I close the Secured card now and get my 300$ back lol?118232333_745110439366104_693331809607245166_n.jpg

thats very nice.  Seeing you have a Navy card plus this i dont see the need for a secured card. Looks like you cards are growing again, be careful getting so many after a bk. Take your time to build right. If i could go back, id go with 3 good cards and stop but thats me lol. Enjoy your successSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Wellllll I'm only AU on the NFCU card. I burned them in my BK7. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.