cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCU CLI turned app spree - approved for PLOC, CC, Auto & CLI. 1 HP!!

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BCU CLI turned app spree - approved for PLOC, CC, Auto & CLI. 1 HP!!

Congratulations on your BCU approvals all with one HP!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 15
arifjk
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the trifecta with BCU - CC, PLOC and Auto.

If you are to add another card - CSP, make sure you start with Chase first. Then BofA and AMEX. 

And if you do BofA, you can apply 2 cards at the same time using the same pull. BofA Premium Travel Rewards are very useful if you travel a lot and Customized Cash Rewards.

If you don't travel often, I think AMEX Gold is better. AMEX Plat is good for travel. 

@Phoenix21 wrote:

New to myfico so bare with me on this post until I figure out what I'm doing. But I HAD to share this, it couldn't wait! **Also want to mention I have 1% DTI ratio, 3 years banking with them, no negatives on my CR, fairly good score & I don't CLI or request cards but every 3 yrs. That & my income I'm sure play a factor

I've had a checking acct & 1 CC with $1k limit for 3 yrs with no auto increases. When I researched that they'd only pull TU, I figured why not? I have been gardening for 3yrs. According to myfico I had 748 TU. So I applied for what I intended to be a CLI on the BCU website last night. I was instantly approved for $12,500! (Unbeknownst to me the system took it as an app for a new CC, until the bank called this morning to finalize amounts.) Well since BCU only uses the same singular pull for all apps within 30days of the HP, I went ahead & applied for a PLOC for $12k & was instantly approved!! I'm thinking ok, 2 for 2, might as well go for 3 as I was already shopping around for a car. So I applied for the auto loan, ALSO instantly approved for $50k at 4.49%!!

When the loan officer called me to finalize these accounts, I asked if he could request more. I asked for $20k on PLOC at 8% - approved! $10k on CC - they approved for $12,500 for 14%! I mentioned that I had initially only requested a CLI which isn't how it came over, he's requesting it & I should hear back tomorrow.

Also a point worth mentioning myfico & BCU app shows my CS 748 TU. He said they pull TU vantage score & it was only 718. The CR said available credit on open accounts is too low. I'm at 9% utilization. Also said I have recent delinquent or derogatory status. I do not. Why the scores are so vast. But excellent spree!

Since I've already started might as well shoot for the moon! I'd like to add more cards to my profile that have great reputations. What are your suggestions??? I was looking at Amex, CSP, (pre-qualified) & BoA. Thoughts?? (No cap1, they've never upped my limit & if it wasn't my 2nd oldest card I'd close it.) 

AaoA 4y4m/10 CC, total CL $13,850, 9%UTL/1PLOC, $500/Income $98k

TU:748 EX:709 EQ: 730 

AVEN Visa $80k; BCU LOC $50k; PSECU LOC: $20K; Langley FCU LOC $10K; CuSoCal LOC $25k; BECU LOC: 15k; Apple FCU LOC $20k

Message 12 of 15
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Go big or go home, impressive spree on one HP.
The CSP is a really useful card if you are going the UR route.
I have gone down the MR path and the Amex Gold and EDC are the two I use, amongst my other Amex cards.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 13 of 15
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Approvals!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 14 of 15
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Awesome spree! Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.