Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Cash Back Card & LOC Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BECU Cash Back Card & LOC Approved

I was reading in the Personal Finance section of another member who applied for membership at BECU, so I checked them out as well. Applied for membership Sunday evening via online, application went to review, Monday afternoon around 5pm I recieved an email that I was approved for membership. No Docs were required, all I had to do was answer 4 security questions.

Last night I decided to apply for their Cash Back Visa, submitted the app and it went to "Pending", said to check back in 24 hours. Immediately afterwords I went to the "Check Loan Status" and it was instantly approved. SL $18,000, not sure what my apr is yet though. No docs or POI required, I just had to esign the application, credit card will be processed within 3 business days. What a blessing!

DP'S: Pulled TU8 713

Inqs - 33

Util - 13%

Income - $95K

Lol/12-24

A year ago today I discovered these forums with the help of a family member, I went from $6K in availble credit and as of today I sit at $242K

*Update

Went ahead and applied for a checking account and Line of Credit. Instantly approved for LOC, I put in $10K for requested amount as I wasnt sure if it was $10K or $15K after reading several posts. No Docs required, it was an additional hard pull.

IMG_4499.jpg 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BECU Cash Back Approved

Congratulations on your approval as well as your credit success so far in such a short period of time

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and a killer SL!! I may have to check out BECU
Message 3 of 19
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Mega successt there

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What state are you in?  I see you are also a member of RBFCU in Texas.  Did you apply outside of BECU's "footprint"?  I can become a member in SC (Boeing in Charleston, SC) but have held off because I thought I could never have any of their credit products.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done, D! And thanks for the excellent DPs. 

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What state are you in?  I see you are also a member of RBFCU in Texas.  Did you apply outside of BECU's "footprint"?  I can become a member in SC (Boeing in Charleston, SC) but have held off because I thought I could never have any of their credit products.

Fort Worth, Texas area.

I did, just became a member of the organization that they require if you arent in their footprint. Easiest process of any credit union I have became a part of.

I highly recommend and would sign up.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think anyone can join by becoming a member of  NW Credit Union Foundation . Or so it seems to me.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nicely done, D! And thanks for the excellent DPs. 

Thanks James! I feel like we are on the same path.

Message 9 of 19
Ricky_D
Contributor

Welcome to the family!!

Been with them for over 10 years. 

The Cash Back card is so simple.  Visa Signature. with no catergories to fuss with. Plus, no fees or interest on cash advances (if you do that sort of thing). Now that you have a member account, put money in savings, checking, or both. Interest is paid quickly per month. Payments to your credit card will be processed and credited the same day.

Also, ask for a line of credit account.  It can go from $500 to $10,000.  LOC reports to the CBs, so that adds to your available credit overall and can help utilization.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.