cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Cash Back Visa APPROVAL!!! *UPDATE* LOC Approved

Thatscomplex1015
Established Member

BECU Cash Back Visa APPROVAL!!! *UPDATE* LOC Approved

I joined BECU Union today, i had to make a donation through NWCUF first though.

As soon i set up the account i went ahead and applied for the Cash back card after seeing how high the limits people were receving on here. I got to the final page and hit submit. I recieved a message thinking i got denied but i went to check my loan status and bam there it was, Approved for a SL $6,200.

I think i got greedy and wanted a higher limit so i called and explained i was approved and wanted a cli, The agent was very insisting as to why i wanted a higher cli and that what i was requesting wasnt matching my report ( I requested $10,000 ) and i guess he was referring to how my Transunion report didn't have high cli cards which is true i have the big boys on Experian and Equifax .. Amex,discover,citi etc... He said it wasn't going to be guranteed and that i would get a call tonight but i guess its going to be tomorrow since its already 10PM EST.

PULLED TU 724 CS

utl 5%

UPDATE: So the CLI got shut down and will stay at 6500 the agent i spoked to offered me a Line of Credit of $1,000 orginally i said $5,000 but got counter offered They were both submitted with the same HP so thats cool also the LOC gets reported to the agencies. They said i need some payment history with them so they can consider me for a CLI. I also called in to talk about if I had full membership and if they needed anything else for verification but she said i was all set and that i was fine.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
JAG73
Moderator Emerita

Re: BECU Cash Back Visa APPROVAL!!!

Congrats on your approval! 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 2 of 21
Morpho
Valued Contributor

Those cards pull from EX and EQ but your credit history with them would appear on TU also.

Message 3 of 21
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats and good luck with the CLI

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>2/2023 EX 850 EQ 850 TU 850 (F8)
Message 4 of 21
Thatscomplex1015
Established Member

Yeah he was asking what accounts i was reffering to that he wasn't seeing much on TU and i said well most of my big cards are on equifax and experian. I don't expect to get approved for it with his tone lol but ill update if anything.

ps thanks everyone!!!

Message 5 of 21
forestgreenrover
Regular Contributor

@Thatscomplex1015 wrote:

Yeah he was asking what accounts i was reffering to that he wasn't seeing much on TU and i said well most of my big cards are on equifax and experian. I don't expect to get approved for it with his tone lol but ill update if anything.

ps thanks everyone!!!

Nice job getting in with them! They're a pleasure to work with. I still don't understand what is meant by big cards being on EQ and EX though? Is TU updating behind the other two agencies, or...? I must be missing something.

AmEx Gold, BECU Cash Back 38k, PSECU Founders Visa Sig 30k, IKEA Projekt 28k, NFCU CashRewards 28k, Macy's AmEx 25k, NFCU More Rewards 24.5k, PNC Cash Rewards Visa Sig 20k, PNC Core 20k, Lowe's 17k, Overstock.com 16k, NFCU Plat 15.3k, FNBO Visa 12.3k, AmEx BCP 12k, AmEx EDP 12k, Citi DC 11k, AmEx Delta Gold SkyMiles 10k, PayPal 2% 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, BBVA Clear Points 9.5k, Amazon Store 8k, Discover it 7.9k, PenFed Power Cash 6.25k, Kay 5.25k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, J.Crew 4.5k, 5/3rd Trio 4k, Citizens Cash Back+ 3.8k, BB&T Bright 3.5k, BB&T Spectrum CR 3.5k, WF Cash Wise 3k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, WF Propel 2k, BECU Visa 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 QS 1.75k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k
Message 6 of 21
britt585
Regular Contributor

congrats are they inquiry senstive?

Message 7 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats.  Get ready to be probed by their security/fraud team if you are from out of state.  Known a few people that have had fun with them recently, but once you get them all the stuff they request your account will be unlocked when / if it gets locked.

NFCU Platinum 50k | NFCU More Rewards 30k | BofA Merrill+ 45k | BofA Premium Rewards 25k | Affinity FCU Cash Rewards 22.5K | CSP 40k | Chase Amazon Visa 20k | Chase Freedom Flex 5k | Chase IHG 1k | Chase Ritz 20k | AOD FCU 20k | FNBO Duck Unlimited 25k | PNC Cash Rewards 22.5k | Citi Premier 14k | Citi Custom Cash 31k | US Bank Alt Connect 20k | Union Bank Cash Rewards 15.5k | SECU 20k | Discover 20k | William Sonoma Visa 35k | Farm Bureau 18.5k | Synovus Cash Rewards 18.5k | Regions Cash 14k | TD Cash 6k | Penfed Cash Rewards 30k | Penfed Pathfinder 20k | 5/3rd Trio 10K | BMO Harris Cash 18.5k | Barclay's Red AA 22k | MFCU 20k | Amex Business Cash 30k | Amex Business Prime 20k | Amex Delta Business Platinum 10k | AMEX BBP 15k
Message 8 of 21
Thatscomplex1015
Established Member

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats.  Get ready to be probed by their security/fraud team if you are from out of state.  Known a few people that have had fun with them recently, but once you get them all the stuff they request your account will be unlocked when / if it gets locked.

Yeah i was afraid of that since im out of state. I read through a lot of post on here with people that had those issues after a week of joining. Some even said they had to submit documents before submitting the APP.

Message 9 of 21
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

simoncongrat.gif

AU

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.