cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Cash Back Visa INSTANT Approval for $5500! I only joined like a week ago!

tag
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

BECU Cash Back Visa INSTANT Approval for $5500! I only joined like a week ago!

Joined BECU a little over a week ago from out of state (Minnesota) And my membership was instantly approved. No verification, no documents needed to be submitted or anything. Anyways I pulled the trigger on a Cash Back visa, application said pending after I submitted it. I went back to my online banking, clicked on check loan status and it says approved with a conditional limit of $5500 not even 60 seconds after I submitted the application. No paystubs, proof of income or proof of identity or anything required it looks like. Only thing I needed to do was e-sign the form.

becuapproved.png

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BECU Cash Back Visa INSTANT Approval for $5500! I only joined like a week ago!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 18
Emierja99
Contributor

Re: BECU Cash Back Visa INSTANT Approval for $5500! I only joined like a week ago!

Nice addition to the 'many' cards! I was thinking conditional meant that the SL would be more upon verification, but I see that it is for document signature. Great SL nonetheless! Congrats!

Message 3 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 4 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats I cannot see your scores, but i suspect you will be flagged as fraud.  So be ready to provide all the documentation needed and have patience and see it out.  They are very generous as you know.  Best of luck through the process...

Message 5 of 18
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Yeah ive been documenting my progress in this thread. Joined 8 days ago, wanted to wait at least a week before cold apping for a card.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/BECU-Membership-Approved-DP-s/td-p/5631099/page/4

Already emailed them right after I joined asking if I needed to provide any documentation stating I wanna get it out of the way but they said I was good, but I don't really trust the customer service reps and I am ready to provide verification when/if its requested, and i'm expecting it. I literally searched through every thread I could find here on myfico reading peoples experience before signing up for the NWCUF and joining BECU so I could be as prepared as possible.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 6 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Glad you're proactive. It was wise doing your due diligence.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 8 of 18
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and nice SL!

Message 9 of 18
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Yea I joined the same way back in May & waited a day to apply for the same card. Approved no paperwork needed, no nothing! Out of state South Texas........Smiley Surprised

Tried for a CLI @ 6 months and they told me to kick rocks!Smiley Mad

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.