cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Cash Visa- $13.5K !! (11 days later)

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

BECU Cash Visa- $13.5K !! (11 days later)

Boy,  did my patience get tested this past 2 weeks, and I'll admit, I did better than I thought I would, which usually isnt that good, LOL.  Im happy to be able to finally  report my approval, and you'll see why in the details...

9/28-   Joined NWCUF...made a donation at first, and then finally found where to "join", so did both, and got my confirmation email. Then I joined BECU, and was Instantly approved online for membership, passed all security etc...Was able to get set up online, and got my checking/savings account numbers. Started the external account process to fund accounts. 

Since I like to push the envelope, went ahead and applied for their Cash Visa. Got a pending message, waited 5 whole minutes, then checked status....approved! $13.5k, 13.9%apr,  pulled TU08- 720  BK is the only negative I have, and I have tons of new accts and INQ Smiley Happy

9/29-   Able to log in no issues.

9/30-   Verified the security deposits to set up external accounts, and now external accounts set up online at BECU.

10/1-   Locked out online...Expected this was coming (Im out of state).  Called in to member servies, and they want me to fax them DL, SSC, and utility bill.  Didnt have SSC or utility bill with me at work, so would have to make copies at home, and send it next day.

10/2-   Faxed everything in, and called later to see if they got it. They got it but "couldnt see DL or SSC claiming it was blacked out".  Again, left SSC at home, so have to wait till next day. 

10/3-  Faxed everything in again, called later, and now they claim they received it, but they now want a "color copy" of my DL and SSC. (patience is about 5% right now)....my work doesnt use color fax, neither did Staples, Fedex Office, etc...Im not running all over my city to find someone that faxes in color, which nobody does. Stewed for 2 days. 

10/5-  Called and asked for a supervisor. Explained everything from day 1, and my dilemma of faxing in color, and how thats rediculous. She said its their "financial crimes department" (what a weird name to call your verification dept.), and they were the ones requesting the color copies, but she would call them and see if we could do something different, but they werent there on Saturday, and she would follow up on Monday the 7th.  (sighs)

10/7-  Missed the supervisors phone call because I was at work, but she left me a detailed message on VM, saying they would except a color copy uploaded to a special one time email. Great! Faxed everything over that night when I got home (in color). 

10/8-  Still locked out of online banking.

10/9-  Called into Supervisor requesting status of membership, again had to explain everything from day1 (sighs).  He was able to see that my membership was approved the day before, and my CC was mailed out on the 8th as well. Told him im still locked out of acoounts. He made a quick call, accounts unlocked, all is good now. Was able to log in last night and today....smooth sailing from here now, (and not a moment too soon either as my patience was at zero) Smiley Happy 

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 11.45.50 AM.png

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Re: BECU Cash Visa- $13.5K !! (11 days later)

Conratulations..that's  twice in two days!

WTG hanging in their with BECU,they will treat you right.

Couldn't treat you any worse right? LOL!

Reading all these BECU horror stories makes

me feel like I banked some major Karma

in the Credit Gods bank :-) Enjoy your

well earned card. I wont even mention PLOC's :-)

Enjoy!

Cheers

Message 2 of 26
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 26
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats @pizza1 

Sound just like my experience it took days to get them to unfreeze my accounts, still am not putting any money in their acciunts6, as I don't trust them😕

Aside front the credit card they issued , they took back my approval for PLOC, stated I was declined, yet got approval and papers to sign in mail, then they backdated the decline date online sneaky as heck, wish I had taken a screen shot. I will keep the card for now since I went through all the trouble, but I don't trust them a bit.

DH was approved as well, but went through all the verfication and still locked out, he gave up😠

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 26
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Congrats @pizza1 

Sound just like my experience it took days to get them to unfreeze my accounts, still am not putting any money in their acciunts6, as I don't trust them😕

Aside front the credit card they issued , they took back my approval for PLOC, stated I was declined, yet got approval and papers to sign in mail, then they backdated the decline date online sneaky as heck, wish I had taken a screen shot. I will keep the card for now since I went through all the trouble, but I don't trust them a bit.

DH was approved as well, but went through all the verfication and still locked out, he gave up😠

I think I'll wait 6 months before trying for the PLOC, I might have a better outcome, and a little futher away from my rage, lol!!

Message 5 of 26
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Congrats @pizza1 

I'm scared to give your post a thumbs up @Jnbmom   seems like you really 

got the short end of the stick. But 18K CC is not nothing :-)

Hope you and yours are enjoying the day,

Cheers

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are far more patient than me. I would have jumped through the phone if it was possible. Congrats on sticking it through to the end to a great limit!

Message 7 of 26
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!!
Message 9 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and great DPs @pizza1!! Glad to hear you saw it through and persevered through the end.

I had considered BECU at one point so I might revisit them since I didn't see many favorable results, except for one recently from @Jnbmom 😁

This one definitely makes up for that UMB DC denial 👍
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.