cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Cash Visa- $13.5K !! (11 days later)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BECU Cash Visa- $13.5K !! (11 days later)

I did it all and got a CC without any kind of problems as an SC resident (months ago).  Maybe it's because I haven't linked my local bank account yet.  I funded my account by using co-op with a local credit union.  Then I sent my EBates Big Fat Check through PayPal.

Have used the CC sparingly because I haven't figured out how to link my local checking account to pay my bill yet.  Kinda scared to now.

Message 11 of 26
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
Congrats and great DPs @pizza1!! Glad to hear you saw it through and persevered through the end.

I had considered BECU at one point so I might revisit them since I didn't see many favorable results, except for one recently from @Jnbmom 😁

This one definitely makes up for that UMB DC denial 👍

@FinStar 

Oh yes I am BECUs number one fan 😂😂😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats @pizza1 , Sounds like a Vampire movieSmiley Wink "11 DAYS LATER"😈
Message 13 of 26
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats @pizza1 , Sounds like a Vampire movieSmiley Wink "11 DAYS LATER"😈

LOL AJC!!!!!

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Congrats @pizza1 

Sound just like my experience it took days to get them to unfreeze my accounts, still am not putting any money in their acciunts6, as I don't trust them😕

Aside front the credit card they issued , they took back my approval for PLOC, stated I was declined, yet got approval and papers to sign in mail, then they backdated the decline date online sneaky as heck, wish I had taken a screen shot. I will keep the card for now since I went through all the trouble, but I don't trust them a bit.

DH was approved as well, but went through all the verfication and still locked out, he gave up😠

I think I'll wait 6 months before trying for the PLOC, I might have a better outcome, and a little futher away from my rage, lol!!

You missed out on saving a hard pull..... Smiley LOL ok just kidding I know you don't care about HP's.

But for anyone wondering they use the same hard pull unlike Penfed who can't make up ther mind how many hard pulls they want to do.

The only thing I don't like so far is their lack of purchase alerts for CC transactions. But I solved that by using Visa purchase alerts set to $1. I can get a text and/or and email for every transaction.

https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/featured-technologies/purchase-alerts.html

Message 15 of 26
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Congratulations @pizza1 very nice and yes 6 months pause is the best idea for PLOC ... well done ..Good Luck

_______R.a.j

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind telling me how you linked your extrnal bank to pay your BECU CC?  I can't find the area where BECU makes 2 small deposits into my local bank for me to confirm.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is linking an external account
the only way to pay their CC? Hoping I'm wrong since they're on my to-join list but that's what it sounds like... Specially after reading 'fraud verification' stories
Message 18 of 26
althes
Frequent Contributor

Mailed in my app Monday.

Will see how it goes in a couple weeks.

Message 19 of 26
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats Ms. Pizza!

Sounds like a lot of work, but it paid dividends in the end!

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.