cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Cash back Approved. what other Products to apply for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BECU Cash back Approved. what other Products to apply for?

The DW got approved with a bank account with BECU in June 2019, applied for credit cash (Cash back visa) with a TU score of 802 and $7k in starting credit limit on a very limited income. So upto $6000 will be B/T on new card thenGiven the score i would so very much love to apply for

a) Auto Loan
b) Personal Loan
c) Debt consolidation loan
d) Personal Line of credit
e) Another credit card for B/t

Given the scores DW qualifies, just how many products to apply at one time within a month from Sept 16th, 2019, remains a mystery to me.

I need a new car, (or used car), am working for a mortgage by Mar 30, 2020 & need to get our DTI much much better so need B/T Loan or PLOC for nearly $20k.DW is the only one with the good score.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: BECU Cash back Approved. what other Products to apply for?

@Anonymous wrote:

The DW got approved with a bank account with BECU in June 2019, applied for credit cash (Cash back visa) with a TU score of 802 and $7k in starting credit limit on a very limited income. So upto $6000 will be B/T on new card thenGiven the score i would so very much love to apply for

a) Auto Loan
b) Personal Loan
c) Debt consolidation loan
d) Personal Line of credit
e) Another credit card for B/t

Given the scores DW qualifies, just how many products to apply at one time within a month from Sept 16th, 2019, remains a mystery to me.

I need a new car, (or used car), am working for a mortgage by Mar 30, 2020 & need to get our DTI much much better so need B/T Loan or PLOC for nearly $20k.DW is the only one with the good score.

How did you qualify for BECU?

The reason I asked is Dh and I are out of state, we both got approved for an account all good, then we applied for another product, then got our accounts shut down until ID verfication, which was not pretty lol. DH still has NO access and only one account survived.

Now others have had no problems, but a few have had problems, and I am not sure if applying for multiple products was the reason or just a coincidence?

Just a warning.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom
Well i opened my account in June, 2019 waited some three months & made no deposit/transactions at all into BECU; (i went abroad) .

I got the $20 NWCUF membership,  emailed it, finished the application online on my desktop and 48 hours letter without even checking/asking for our Drivers License or SSN they sent back an email saying approved. No requirements not even $5 or nothing. just send whenever you can? my TU score was 802 & no inquiries on ChexSys in last 3 years. so. three days later  i went to co-op branch & deposited $50 in checking & $10 in savings and used 7 $2-$5 transaction from their checking debit card and didn't deposit anything additional. In fact, i went overdraft on $2.71 which they just allowed me without charging a NSF fee or anything.I guess they linked/moved $2.71 from my savings account. 

My balance in checking/savings account was zero when i applied for the cashback visa card & having reported very low only about few thousand in monthly income they could only approve me for $7k in visa. NO POI required/requested. i wrote them an email requesting higher credit limit for 12k but they asked me to call the loan officer and talk & i never have yet called BECU. 

No paystubs r depositing into BECU checking/savings account. They keep sending me " Your checking account misses you " email now & then. i do not show any paystub or deposits of any kind.

since i have until Oct 15th for my TU 802 score i'd like to apply for one or two more products? can't decide which one?

Message 3 of 11
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

plane congrats.gif

AU

Message 4 of 11
gjean78
Regular Contributor

congratulations!

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy im confused. I thought your wife was the one with an 802 fico? Or am i misreading things? Thank you.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's exactly who's applied joe
Message 8 of 11
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

"Your checking account misses you" That phrase right there

says alot about my expierience with BECU. I put $500 in a checking

account when I got in with them about 3 months ago.

I finally used my credit card last week and paid the balance with said funds.

The same night I got an email from BECU that my checking account

was running low after a $50 charge!! Made me LOL.

Point being,they are a very generous lender if your income 

and credit support it. I have had nothing but pleasant phone conversations

with their CSR's. I would also take the advice of @Jnbmom as she has had

the patience of Job dealing with them yet still has issues.

Call and see where you fit in with them and there products.

You allready did the hard part and became a member and was issued

a credit card.

Best of luck with your interactions with them.

Cheers

Message 9 of 11
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i wrote them an email requesting higher credit limit for 12k but they asked me to call the loan officer and talk & i never have yet called BECU. 

You should call in to request a higher starting limit. They are very much score driven (according to a csr). I called in and had my staring limit raised back in May, they asked why and I said BT. 

Very nice folks over there at BCU.............so far.....so good!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.