cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Credit Card Instant Approval_$12K with High 600s (No Negatives but HIGH Utilization)

tag
bachi607
New Contributor

BECU Credit Card Instant Approval_$12K with High 600s (No Negatives but HIGH Utilization)

Hi, I recently became BECU member after reading through some posts in this forum that they are very generous, I have been Declined by NASA FCU , Alliant, BMO Harris, Discover because of my HIGH Utilization on Closed Cards but BECU gave me instant approvals for $12,000 for BECU Rewards VISA card, I couldn't believe and I was doing happy dance Smiley LOL , then I called loan officer and asked I was looking for Balance Transfer card but I applied for Rewards card then he helped me to split limit into $6K on each Rewards(17% regular APR) and Class VISA(13% regular APR but 0% for 12 Months on BT with no BT Fee) for Balance Transfer and he is very friendly and helpful, customer reps or Loan officers are super friendly and take each request from our end with utmost care.

Again it's all with 1 single Hard Pull from TU, they pulled TU FICO8, I had 695 score with 0 Inq in the last 2yr( I did garden as I know i couldnt be approved with more than 100% utilization but I did maintain excellent payment history and paid off some of Open revolving balances on my credit cards before I start CC application spree).

Later I applied Auto Refiance and got a good Rate of 3.09 for 48M but they did another Hard Pull but it's instant approval so I wouldnt mind( I was paying 6% with NISSAN).

Overall I would say go ahead with BECU without any questions if you have good payment history and high 600s, I am not sure if they are Inq sesnsitive, good luck! Please ask me any questions if you have, I will reply to my post- Good Luck!

DCUSantander-UltimateBECUBECU VISAAmexUS BankPenFedPenFed_GoldSantander-SphereAppleDiscover ItSynchrony
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BECU Credit Card Instant Approval_$12K with High 600s (No Negatives but HIGH Utilization)

Congratulations on your BECU approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 20
mrtech3
New Contributor

Re: BECU Credit Card Instant Approval_$12K with High 600s (No Negatives but HIGH Utilization)

Congrats on the approvals...good job

Message 3 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on both those BECU approvals!

Message 4 of 20
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Congrats on your great success with BECU! Nice work!

Message 5 of 20
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your BECU approvals 👍🏼

Message 6 of 20
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!! Congratulations on your BECU Approval!! 🥂🎉👏🏻

Message 7 of 20
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! I love BECU. To save the additional hard pull, always call in when you already have an application on file. Then they can use that hard pull. 

Message 8 of 20
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Message 9 of 20
bachi607
New Contributor

Thank you, thats right I applied for line of credit with same pull done for Auto but they Declined , I guess I need to be member for certain months to be eligible for that...

kindly share any BECU data points for Personal  Line of Credit and Credit Line Increase- Thanks

DCUSantander-UltimateBECUBECU VISAAmexUS BankPenFedPenFed_GoldSantander-SphereAppleDiscover ItSynchrony
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.