Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Visa $20k

tag
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: BECU Visa $20k

@SPChaser wrote:

Congrats on approval! Jeez these forums will really temp you to do things you've decided you aren't going to do like apply for more cards, esp when you've put the work in and CSs are no longer a handicap 🤣🤣🤣. I keep reading about BECU and I'm now reviewing their site 😎...yeh no I can't do it hahaha...maybe lol. 

I agree,

I was supposed to be gardening until february but i saw a slew of savor approvals and cli's posted and when i saw savor in my prequals i pulled the trigger, 3 hp's OUCH.

I wanted that savor card which i got but now my inq's are outta control.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 31 of 48
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your BECU approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 32 of 48
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your BECU Visa approval

Message 33 of 48
JFox418
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica congrats! You said your utilization is high, what is it and are you local to BECU? I'm shopping cards to do BT on and they have a great offer but wasn't sure my approval odds. I'm also out of state. Zero BT fee and %0 for 12 months would be amazing especially if I could get a good SL. 

Message 34 of 48
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@JFox418 wrote:

@SouthJamaica congrats! You said your utilization is high, what is it and are you local to BECU? I'm shopping cards to do BT on and they have a great offer but wasn't sure my approval odds. I'm also out of state. Zero BT fee and %0 for 12 months would be amazing especially if I could get a good SL. 

Utilization was probably around 33-34% at the time.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 35 of 48
JFox418
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

Hmmm. Are you out of state?

Message 36 of 48
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@JFox418 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

I don't think it's prudent to discuss our personal geography here.

Message 37 of 48
JFox418
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

Seems to play a factor in their decision. Only reason I asked. I apologize. 

Message 38 of 48
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@JFox418 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

Seems to play a factor in their decision. Only reason I asked. I apologize. 

No apology necessary.

Message 39 of 48
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@SouthJamaica  congrats on your new card! 

I just wanted to say sometimes upon activation of the card, they will request proof of identity along with POI (not always, but it would be typical request). 

They would provide you with a fax number to which you'd send it, and it usually works out just fine, but some patience may be required.

If that happens, and you're willing to provide it, it's a smooth sailing from there. It's a great CU, they aren't afraid to lend, it's just that if there is a deluge from out of state apps, they freak out a bit. 

If none of that happens, you're able to activate and use your card, keep in mind HP is valid for 30 days, so if there is another product you're interested in, it would not result in HP. 

Congrats again 

Well @Remedios you know these folks well.  Sure enough, just when I thought I'd be getting the card in the mail any day, they hit me up with a request for additional documents, more than 30 pages worth.  I gave them what they asked for. And will continue to hold my breath Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.