Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Visa $20k

tag
bachi607
New Contributor

Re: BECU Visa $20k

Welcome to BECU family !! Its the best Credit Union and you will fall in love with their products and kind of customer service you get there but their identity check for fraudulent transactions is little tough to pass through unless you have logged into your acc when you are unblocking your card

DCUSantander-UltimateBECUBECU VISAAmexUS BankPenFedPenFed_GoldSantander-SphereAppleDiscover ItSynchrony
Message 41 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please share what they requested? (Poi, ID docs, etc)

Message 42 of 48
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

6 months paystubs

social security card

2 years W2's

utility bill

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 43 of 48
dogmeat
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the card and limit, (pending IV).

I have both a BECU Visa and a SoundCU visa and pay them both via ACH push from an external bill-pay hub account. Perhaps the previous comments on this subject were referring to Payments via ACH pull from within your BECU account.

Message 44 of 48
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Congrats on the fabulous approval...I hope it all comes together for you!!

Message 45 of 48
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

6 months paystubs

social security card

2 years W2's

utility bill

Hopefully the BECU verification department will move quickly with your app. I had to send documents twice..

Let us know how it turns out. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 46 of 48
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I haven't been approved for any new credit for quite a while, presumably because my utilization is high.

I joined BECU the other day, but wasn't planning to apply for any credit until my scores were up and my utilization down.

After reading some posts here, with people getting Visa card approvals with TU scores lower than mine, I decided I might give it a shot.  I figured if asked what credit limit I would like, I would go for a low number so as not to scare them off.

The online application was shorter than average, and didn't ask me for a requested starting limit.

I submitted it, and after maybe 30 seconds it came back instantly approved for......  $20k.  I was shocked.  And even skeptical. I won't really believe it until I see the account up there.

I guess where the $20k comes from is that that's around my average reported credit limit.  I guess BECU is really going all out to be competitive.  If this is for real, I'll be a very good customer.

It's been 17 days since my so called "approval" and still it seems like they haven't made up their mind.

A week or so ago they asked me to upload a pile of documents, which I uploaded immediately.

Yesterday they telephoned me to see if I am me.

I'm starting to think this isn't going to end well.

Updated 12/1/21 Well I guess this is going to end well after all. The credit card account popped up in online banking today Smiley Happy Whew.

Updated 12/11/21 You were totally right about BECU @Remedios The customer service and the website are excellent. Glad I joined.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 47 of 48
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I haven't been approved for any new credit for quite a while, presumably because my utilization is high.

I joined BECU the other day, but wasn't planning to apply for any credit until my scores were up and my utilization down.

After reading some posts here, with people getting Visa card approvals with TU scores lower than mine, I decided I might give it a shot.  I figured if asked what credit limit I would like, I would go for a low number so as not to scare them off.

The online application was shorter than average, and didn't ask me for a requested starting limit.

I submitted it, and after maybe 30 seconds it came back instantly approved for......  $20k.  I was shocked.  And even skeptical. I won't really believe it until I see the account up there.

I guess where the $20k comes from is that that's around my average reported credit limit.  I guess BECU is really going all out to be competitive.  If this is for real, I'll be a very good customer.

It's been 17 days since my so called "approval" and still it seems like they haven't made up their mind.

A week or so ago they asked me to upload a pile of documents, which I uploaded immediately.

Yesterday they telephoned me to see if I am me.

I'm starting to think this isn't going to end well.

Updated 12/1/21 Well I guess this is going to end well after all. The credit card account popped up in online banking today Smiley Happy Whew.

Updated 12/11/21 You were totally right about BECU @Remedios The customer service and the website are excellent. Glad I joined.

That's great, SJ. I have been a happy fan girl for over 17 years. 

It will be smooth sailing from here on. They aren't afraid to lend, either. 

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.