Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Visa Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BECU Visa Approved

I just joined BECU and I love their website and app.  I was just approved for a BECU Visa with a $12.5K limit and 0% APR for a year.  They are currently processing a request for a PLOC.  The rep told me the maximum amount for a PLOC with them is $15K.  He was very cool with pushing both apps through for me.  The credit card was instant.  The PLOC needs to be manually reviewed.  

I'm still happy with the intro APR.  The APR after intro is around 12%.  I will have them re-pull my credit after the intro period so I can try and beat that down.

Edit:  They approved the PLOC with a counter of $10K.  I'll take it.  Smiley Happy (The APR on this line is 10.9%)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BECU Visa Approved

You’re on a roll. Congratulations.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You said the CC was instant approval.  Did they ever ask for POI?  

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new BECU Visa!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They asked for POI, a utility bill, and they wanted copies of my social security card and drivers license.  So yes, they fully validated me.

So it was an instant approval, pending verification.  Which is normal IMO.

Message 5 of 9
kugel
Valued Contributor

What did they pull ?
Message 6 of 9
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the Visa & PLOC!!

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled TU.  

I paid $20 to become a NW Credit Union Foundation member and that allowed me to join BECU so I could apply.  Some credit unions allow you to  apply first, without membership.  BECU required membership first but allowed you to app for a card and membership at the same time.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I myself saw the association route of becoming a BECU member.  We have a Boeing plant in Charleston, SC about 80 miles from my house.  I was thinking of joining and keeping the bank account for a while before applying for a CC.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.