Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU mega CLI’s, biggest util slashed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BECU mega CLI’s, biggest util slashed!

I’ve had two cards through boeing employees credit union for a few years, one at $8,500 and one at $2,500. They have done auto increases over the years but nothing special. The most utilization I have is on the $8,500 card ($4,917) 57% 😖 I called in today and took only one TransUnion pull to increase both cards and went from $8,500 to $29,000! 🥳 and from $2,500 to $17,000! Utilization slashed to 16%! Yeeeee! I’ll be paying that off soon but still!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: BECU mega CLI’s, biggest util slashed!

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

Your CLIs are the BIGGEST percentages that I can recall during my time with the FORUMS!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on the MASSIVE CLIs!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Wow massive CLIs, congrats to you.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are some serious CLIs! Congrats!

Message 4 of 17
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on the monster CLI !

I have the basic VISA and have been contemplating asking for a CLI.  Did you have to state the limit you wanted, or just asked for the CLI and they came back with the amounts?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

Congrats on the monster CLI !

I have the basic VISA and have been contemplating asking for a CLI.  Did you have to state the limit you wanted, or just asked for the CLI and they came back with the amounts?

She said her new system doesn’t take asks, the system automatically calculates the highest possible limit for you and gives you that, they don’t try to low ball people anymore and deal with counter offers 🤩 their highest available for any credit card is $40,000 I believe. They ask all the normal income, housing etc. and pull from TransUnion only. I think it’s definitely worth it! Call them now, it’ll take about 15 minutes. I’ve been on a spree with everything the past few months and have accomplished a lot so I don’t mind having one more inquiry drop off with all the rest in two years. I’ll be getting a new Lexus then 🥳

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marz2002 wrote:

You...

Your CLIs are the BIGGEST percentages that I can recall during my time with the FORUMS!!!

Dude I have been underestimating my potential for years, now I know what I can get and I’m getting it! 🤪

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

You...

Dude I have been underestimating my potential for years, now I know what I can get and I’m getting it! 🤪

And it all started with a $30K Savor approval 😂 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

You...

And it all started with a $30K Savor approval 😂 

Well to be honest it ALL started with me getting a pop up preapproval offer from Bank of America for the cash rewards card back in October, when they gave me $14,000 I thought that was insane 🤣 and then the binge started... what should I do with my runt of the litter? My new $500 maurices capital one store card? When should I ask for an increase on that?

Message 9 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your increase
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.