cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard Approval!

Went through a lot of headaches with the actual application process, but received the card in the mail randomly this evening.

BMO Harris is a regional bank where you need to some sort of checking, savings, money market account, etc. to hold a credit card with them... didn’t know that at the time of the application. I received a preselected mailer although I had no account with them to apply for their cash back card. $200 sign on bonus, no annual fee, 2% back on gas and groceries and 1% back on everything else. Applied for the credit card online and was told it couldn’t be finalized, but was told to call their 1-800 number. Well, customer service is completely clueless apparently. “You can’t apply without having a checking account so go apply in branch.” Well, obviously I can because I did. I said screw it and applied for a checking account. Immediately called in to check application status on my credit card and they asked me security questions... questions so off the wall I don’t see how anyone would pass. I had given up, but randomly received the card this evening roughly 5 days after applying. No notification. 684 on TU, they pulled TU FICO 8. 79 inquiries, 6 new credit card accounts in 24 months. They couldn’t care less about your inquiries or how many new accounts you have. Approved for 4K, didn’t call in for recon, but I might in branch when I go present two forms of ID to activate this thing. Also 22% UTI on one card, the rest are $0 balances.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard Approval!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations. I've been a BMO customer for 43 years now, from my first job. They were the first bank in Canada to offer country-wide access to your accounts, back in the 1970s. You could walk into any Bank of Montreal branch anywhere in Canada and do deposits, bill payments and withdrawals as long as you had an MBB card. This was a huge advantage in those days of limited banking hours as you didn't have to rush home after work to deposit your paycheque

I deal with BMO Harris now as well.

image.png

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, here’s an update everyone! Called in to activate my card and got transferred to fraud... waited 40 minutes on hold just for them to say “you’re calling from a different number than we have on file” and continued to list some number I’ve never heard of. Now I need to go step into a branch to present ID...
So far so bad.
Message 4 of 16
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card, sorry about all the headaches!

Message 5 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well, hope you get it resolved and grats on getting the card. This is one we dont hear too much about here on myFico.
Message 7 of 16
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Went through a lot of headaches with the actual application process, but received the card in the mail randomly this evening.

BMO Harris is a regional bank where you need to some sort of checking, savings, money market account, etc. to hold a credit card with them... didn’t know that at the time of the application. I received a preselected mailer although I had no account with them to apply for their cash back card. $200 sign on bonus, no annual fee, 2% back on gas and groceries and 1% back on everything else. Applied for the credit card online and was told it couldn’t be finalized, but was told to call their 1-800 number. Well, customer service is completely clueless apparently. “You can’t apply without having a checking account so go apply in branch.” Well, obviously I can because I did. I said screw it and applied for a checking account. Immediately called in to check application status on my credit card and they asked me security questions... questions so off the wall I don’t see how anyone would pass. I had given up, but randomly received the card this evening roughly 5 days after applying. No notification. 684 on TU, they pulled TU FICO 8. 79 inquiries, 6 new credit card accounts in 24 months. They couldn’t care less about your inquiries or how many new accounts you have. Approved for 4K, didn’t call in for recon, but I might in branch when I go present two forms of ID to activate this thing. Also 22% UTI on one card, the rest are $0 balances.

Congrats on your approval!

I always get excited when I see someone with over 20 inquiries get an approval!! --- And I have also wanted to always ask someone how they have acquired so many!!! So here goes - (no judgement here either) ----How does one amass 79 inquiries in 2 years!!!----

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 8 of 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of them are from multiple auto loans. I was low 500s 2 years ago so I was shotgunned to a lot of different banks. Since then I've purchased/leased 8 different vehicles and cosigned on others for siblings.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.