Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMO Harris - UPDATE: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BMO Harris - UPDATE: Approved

I applied online through my BMO login and received an error saying we can’t process your application. My TransUnion was pulled. I live in their foot print (three branches in town).

I preferred to apply online since the banker here made several errors when my spouse and I opened our checking accounts that took us a few weeks to get worked out (forgot to order our checks, forgot to have us sign all the opening paperwork twice and had to call us in twice to have us sign everything).

Will I have to reapply in a branch or over the phone even though they clearly pulled my credit report?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BMO Harris

You may need to reapply, but you would need to contact them first to determine next steps based on your depository relationship - just in case it may not register you as a BMO customer when applying.   AFAIK, you can also submit the application over the phone as well just in case there's a glitch when doing it online.

You can also reference this thread as well:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/BMO-Harris-Cash-Back-MasterCard-Approval/td-p...

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you FinStar
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called credit card customer service. Was told since I received the error message that I’d probably need to apply again. I told him since I got a HP, can he double check that my application wasn’t received. After a ten minute hold, he told me I was approved.

I’ll believe it when I see it on my login.
Message 4 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval OP!   Hopefully a good SL?   Let us know once you get things confirmed or receive the card in the mail. 

ETA - I moved your thread to the Approvals section and edited the subject title to reflect the update.  Feel free to edit if you wish.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 6 of 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BMO Harris - UPDATE: Approved

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 7 of 29
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 9 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I called credit card customer service. Was told since I received the error message that I’d probably need to apply again. I told him since I got a HP, can he double check that my application wasn’t received. After a ten minute hold, he told me I was approved.

I’ll believe it when I see it on my login.

Congrats

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.