cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA 99/500 Now $7200 in less than 3 yrs!!!!

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

BOA 99/500 Now $7200 in less than 3 yrs!!!!

Hi,

I restarted my credit journey in 2013 after filing C7BK.  Naturally it was tough getting credit cards with anyone with a decent limit let alone the big boys especially after IIB ones like NFCU & Chase Smiley Frustrated

So, I put on my big girl pants on & app'd for the BOA 99/500 card in 2017 and was approved.  After 1 year of excellent handling I got my $99 back, but my limit stayed the same.  I called last July & literally BEGGED for an increase.  They increased the limit to $2k.  Over the last 8 months I've used the card faithfully and today I called the Sr. Credit Analyst # & requested a CLI to $7,500.  I rationalized that if I overshoot at least I'd get $5k and not leave anything on the table if they decided to give me more.  In less than 30 seconds she came back and said, "We can't quite meet your requested limit, but your new limit is $7,200.  Does that work for you?"  I think I stuttered and said, "Yes ma'am, it works quite nicely and I thank you for the generosity".  She told me that she could tell I had taken great care with my credit since my BK and I totally deserved the CLI!  She also told me that if I continue down this path I'll be able to get more products with BOA!  

Moral of the story:  closed mouths don't get fed, do what you say you're going to do & you'll be rewarded, & don't be afraid to ask for what you want!

Hope this helps someone who's rebuilding and has this card or another secured card...THEY WILL GROW IF YOU DO THE WORK!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA 99/500 Now $7200 in less than 3 yrs!!!!

Congrats on very nice CLI !!!!!

Message 2 of 20
adamseve
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on very nice CLI !!!!!

Thank you kindly...a bit early to drink a glass of wine, but I'm killing this coffee!

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 😊
Do you bank with them too..or just the card
Message 4 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done, congrats.
Message 5 of 20
JaseT
Established Contributor

Was the 99/500 offered to you after you app'd for another card?

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 6 of 20
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations

My $500 full secured card just unsecured at 8 months last month. No increase! I'm hoping to follow a path such as yours, but at a faster pace.
Message 7 of 20
adamseve
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats 😊
Do you bank with them too..or just the card

Thank you so much!

I only have the card with them.  

Message 8 of 20
adamseve
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:
Nicely done, congrats.

Gracias!

Message 9 of 20
adamseve
Established Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

Was the 99/500 offered to you after you app'd for another card?

No it wasn't.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.