Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA BBR Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA BBR Approval

Well, I pulled the trigger last week for a BOA BBR. It was on my short list of two cards I wanted to get.

BOA BBR and Bourns Employees FCU visa

Got approved for 10K on the BBR. Plan is to take advange of the quaterly bonuses, probably will open just a savings account with BOA to get that $5 extra bucks per quarter.

Will garden for 6 months to a year. Not in a hurry for the Bourns FCU visa, heck I may never get it. I don't carry balances, however, I would feel better having one low APR card in the wallet just in case I would have to.

Have a great week everyone!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA BBR Approval

Congrats!

this is one of the cards I want to get but I still gotta wait before I can apply.

Message 2 of 19
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your BoA.BBR!

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

make sure to redeem/deposit your bonus to your savings/checking by setting it up here ~ bankofamerica.com/betterbalancerewards 

***you don't want a (statement) credit posting on your BBR account! it'd disqualify you for the bonus. not unless, of course, you charge more than it.  then you'll have a balance to pay again that cycle.. 

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats the easiest way to qualify for this bonus every quarter? ... Could I just purchase a $5 Amazon gift card each month and then PIF? (or would the amount needed to be greater than $5?)

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Whats the easiest way to qualify for this bonus every quarter? ... Could I just purchase a $5 Amazon gift card each month and then PIF? (or would the amount needed to be greater than $5?)

The fine print says pay MORE than the minium due.  So I play it very safe and make sure that I have enough of a balance to be able to pay more than the minimum $25 threshold.   I have a monthly subscription that is $40 that I put on it and PIF AFTER the statement cuts.  Always remember to let the statement cut with a balance.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Two ways to do it.

One: Open a savings account with BOA. I say savings because this should not require a hard pull on your credit report. However, looks like minimum required funds is $300.00. But if you got it and can spare it, why not. It's still your money. Once you have opened the account you can have the quarterly $30.00 deposited into the savings account, asl ong as you meet the requirement of paying off more than the minimum payment per month after the bill is cut. I have heard of folks on here successfully doing this with just a netflix charge on the card every month and nothing else. Some have reported recurring charges of $5.00 on the card per month, and it works. Having a account increases the reward from $25 to $30 each quarter. Plus you don't have to mess with the month you receive credits, to manage using the credit and then some so a balance will report.

Two: You can have the quarterly bonus placed on your card as credits. Here you can disqualify unless your charging more than $25.00 per month on the card. Or charging more than $25.00 on the months you receive the credit. You still have to pay more than the minimum payment every month after the bill cuts. Credits don't count, so you have to charge more than the credits, so as to have a balance on the month you receive the credits.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I pulled the trigger last week for a BOA BBR. It was on my short list of two cards I wanted to get.

BOA BBR and Bourns Employees FCU visa

Got approved for 10K on the BBR. Plan is to take advange of the quaterly bonuses, probably will open just a savings account with BOA to get that $5 extra bucks per quarter.

Will garden for 6 months to a year. Not in a hurry for the Bourns FCU visa, heck I may never get it. I don't carry balances, however, I would feel better having one low APR card in the wallet just in case I would have to.

Have a great week everyone!!

Congrats! I just got this card too, it's an easy $100. Welcome to the BBR family Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Two ways to do it.

One: Open a savings account with BOA. I say savings because this should not require a hard pull on your credit report. However, looks like minimum required funds is $300.00. But if you got it and can spare it, why not. It's still your money. Once you have opened the account you can have the quarterly $30.00 deposited into the savings account, asl ong as you meet the requirement of paying off more than the minimum payment per month after the bill is cut. I have heard of folks on here successfully doing this with just a netflix charge on the card every month and nothing else. Some have reported recurring charges of $5.00 on the card per month, and it works. Having a account increases the reward from $25 to $30 each quarter. Plus you don't have to mess with the month you receive credits, to manage using the credit and then some so a balance will report.

Two: You can have the quarterly bonus placed on your card as credits. Here you can disqualify unless your charging more than $25.00 per month on the card. Or charging more than $25.00 on the months you receive the credit. You still have to pay more than the minimum payment every month after the bill cuts. Credits don't count, so you have to charge more than the credits, so as to have a balance on the month you receive the credits.

Great info here. Do you happen to know what you can do if you don't have a BOA checking/savings account? Say if the credit is applied to the credit card, do you basically have to use the credit on the card? Anyway around this beside opening an account?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.