Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA BBR - Approval

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

BOA BBR - Approval

Well logged in today to check BofA account and behold had several Cards listed with pre-approvals.. One that stood out to me was the BBR card.  APR wasn't the best nor was it the worse.  Currently prior to application had 13 HP's on Experian and hovering anywhere around 700-710; also one inquiry in last 6 months on Experian and 3 more in the last 9 months as Experian isnt hit near as hard as my TU or EQ that every lender goes after..  Other data points income 6 figures, some old paid CO's (5+ years old) and some old 120 lates also 5.5 years or so old and ultization is 1% or less as PIF each month and let one or two cards report a few hundred dollars.  Trying to decide whether to hit them up same day for another card or not looking at your merrill lynch.. The pre-approvals all went away after approval.  I will take free money.  I just got a CLI on my cash rewards about a month ago from 7400 to 12100 as well.  Not the biggest credit line, but for its purposes it will work just fineSmiley Happy

Literally took about 5 secs for the approval screen to come back..  Fastest approval I think of any CC I have had..  Not bad considering back in March I had to recon to get approved for the 3-2-1 card from them for 1k and as stated that sits at 12.1k now.

To apply for the merril lynch or not as combine pulls for one Exp pull.. Thoughts?

BBR.jpg

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: BOA BBR - Approval

Congrats on the approval! You should combine the HP and go for it!
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Go for the bull!!
Message 3 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I think I will go for the bull... Combined HP on Experian correct?  Other two reports are on ICE.. Worse that could happen is two EXP hp's, but guessing it will be one..  I dont think I have seen one case of instant approval with BofA on this card...

Message 4 of 25
thummel
Established Contributor

I applied for the BBR but was instantly declined and put in an app for the Merrill and they used the same pull. I need to recon that denial for the BBR.
Message 5 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@thummel wrote:
I applied for the BBR but was instantly declined and put in an app for the Merrill and they used the same pull. I need to recon that denial for the BBR.

Just put in the merrill application and unable to provide decision at this time...   As all those applications arent instant approvals for whatever reason from what I seen you either wait it out or call in and speak to someone..  I will wait it out.  Hopefully BofA has been known to approve more than one application in a short period of time which I believe they do... They can steal from my BBR if they need to for the 5k opening of it as 2k on BBR is still more then enoughSmiley Happy...  Will keep all posted on the merrill lynch CC application.  Not sure if it is more strict or same UW as BBR.  My income certainly supports it, although I don't have anything with Merrill Lynch I am with Fidelity, but that hasn't stopped most people.  Is it true 99% say we cannot provide and answer at this time for the Merrill Lynch card?  I tried the # listed for this card and they are closed today, not that I wanted to speak with anyone anyways lol...  

I am suprised your were turned down for the BBR..  Reasons if you don't mind sharing?

Message 6 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

BTW thanks all that have congratulated..  Now only if I could crack Citi, but I suppose my last baddie needs to fall off before they will let me in.. In with pretty much every other dang big bank.  Why they like some with old baddies and not others I have no clue but they won't get an application until my CRA's is completly clean or a pre-approval is sent my way!

Message 7 of 25
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

There ya go, CC. Congrats on the BBR card but like others who have chimed in, go take the bull by the horns!

For your dilemma with Citi, I got in with a settled 1+ yr old CA. It was the AAdvantage and 6 months later, the prestige. My strategy for you: apply for the AA, if denied, contact the EO and you'll get in. Their UW guidlines ignore any negatives, besides a BK that are older than 2 years. Their systems which provide the decisions are unable to determine that but thru manual review, it would be obvious.
769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 8 of 25
thummel
Established Contributor

I got the same message as you did. The next day when I checked my online account it showed up there. I'm sure you will get it. Just give it a little While.
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! I've tried twice for BofA but they don't seem to want to let me in. Summer 2015 and 2016 I applied for Travel Rewards but both times they said my credit history is too short (10 years oldest account, AAoA first time was 9 years, 2nd time down to 6 years).

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.