Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA BBR - Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA BBR - Approval

You will get it. No need to call. For me once I applied for ML got the same message as you got. Account showed up online after 5 business days with 10k limit and 15.24 apr. This was 2 weeks ago.
Message 11 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats! I've tried twice for BofA but they don't seem to want to let me in. Summer 2015 and 2016 I applied for Travel Rewards but both times they said my credit history is too short (10 years oldest account, AAoA first time was 9 years, 2nd time down to 6 years).

Interestng denied for credit history to short...  Especially with your AAoA as yours is longer than mine sitting at around 4 years now due to tons of cards over the past 2-3 years..  Alot closed as was rebuilding and sitll am as still have negatives, but get rid of less desirable cards when I can and replace them with a useful card.   Don't have many cards I can give up to easily anymore lol.. All of them kinda have a purpose and htat is 19 of them... ugh

Message 12 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
You will get it. No need to call. For me once I applied for ML got the same message as you got. Account showed up online after 5 business days with 10k limit and 15.24 apr. This was 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the well wishes I hope I do.. I don't have a clean report as stated.. Just some history with BofA with the 3-2-1 and now the BBR and very little debt and a fairly decent income..  I will report back probably by end of week with findings

Message 13 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Ysettle4 wrote:
There ya go, CC. Congrats on the BBR card but like others who have chimed in, go take the bull by the horns!

For your dilemma with Citi, I got in with a settled 1+ yr old CA. It was the AAdvantage and 6 months later, the prestige. My strategy for you: apply for the AA, if denied, contact the EO and you'll get in. Their UW guidlines ignore any negatives, besides a BK that are older than 2 years. Their systems which provide the decisions are unable to determine that but thru manual review, it would be obvious.

Was turned down for the AA card instantly about 11 months ago approx..  I didn't go through the EO though.  I believe the AA or the Costco is probably their easiest..  I just don't know about citi.. Once you are in and have a record you are golden, but until then getting in is the thing.. Honestly I use to want them sooo badly, but now I have a ton of cards that kinda put them to shame aka Chase and BlisPay and Fidelity and the likes..  If they send me a pre-qual for the DC on mnth I would probably byte, but most likely I want the prestige even though it is or has been nerfed already (haven't really kept up with it)

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@thummel wrote:
I applied for the BBR but was instantly declined and put in an app for the Merrill and they used the same pull. I need to recon that denial for the BBR.

Just put in the merrill application and unable to provide decision at this time...   As all those applications arent instant approvals for whatever reason from what I seen you either wait it out or call in and speak to someone..  I will wait it out.  Hopefully BofA has been known to approve more than one application in a short period of time which I believe they do... They can steal from my BBR if they need to for the 5k opening of it as 2k on BBR is still more then enoughSmiley Happy...  Will keep all posted on the merrill lynch CC application.  Not sure if it is more strict or same UW as BBR.  My income certainly supports it, although I don't have anything with Merrill Lynch I am with Fidelity, but that hasn't stopped most people.  Is it true 99% say we cannot provide and answer at this time for the Merrill Lynch card?  I tried the # listed for this card and they are closed today, not that I wanted to speak with anyone anyways lol...  

I am suprised your were turned down for the BBR..  Reasons if you don't mind sharing?

I am also all Fidelity and had no ML exposure at the time of my app. Came back that it needed a review and was called a few days later (Ex was locked so she pulled TU) and approved in 10 seconds. I moved some of my investments over to ML after the card was approved (had to open one of their cash trade accounts) and that took about 7 business days. I do, or did, have a long term relationship with BoA so not sure if that has helped at all. Scores were a little higher than yours and also 6 figure income. Hope to see an approval for you!!

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the BBR too!! Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 25
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yay!! So very happy for you CC! I know we've talked about this, and you've wanted the card, so glad you got the preapproval! Decent SL as well, but I know you'll combine later on 😉

Much congratulations!!!Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and pretty decent SL! Hoping the Merril Lynch one goes through!

As a separate question, are BoA's pre-approvals pretty spot on? I generally get some very vague sounding pre-qual, but I was thinking that everyone gets that wording (it says We recommnen). .

Message 18 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval and pretty decent SL! Hoping the Merril Lynch one goes through!

As a separate question, are BoA's pre-approvals pretty spot on? I generally get some very vague sounding pre-qual, but I was thinking that everyone gets that wording (it says We recommnen). .

Thanks..

Yes they had set APR and terms and believe the language was sligtly different.

Message 19 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Huge congrats on the BBR approval my friend!  screamer.gif

That's a strong approval, so I suspect you'll have good news soon on your Merrill app.  I look forward to reading about that approval as well!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.