Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI after Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA CLI after Recon

I started rebuild with one CapOne. Got a 2k secured BOA, converted to 123 cash rewards as soon as I received card. I requested unsecure after 10 months no problems, soft pull andnew cli to 4k. I waited 6 mos and requested CLI from 4k to 10k thinking they would counter but it was denied based on 2 charge offs from >4 yrs. I was told no cli based on 2 charge offs.  I waited 3 days before calling recon.  Asked for recon with same TU hard pull, customer svc rep was very nice and said she'd have to review everything. After verifying income, job and asking what my plans with the charge offs were she said she felt like my usage on the card was excellent and she was going to recommend the cli. She said another person had to review and it would take up to 3 days. Two days later i got a call back, approved cli from 4k to 7500. Not the 10k i wanted but greater than 5k so i asked for a product change to the Visa Signature. She was able to change the product for me when she called back to tell me cli wss approved.  All in all it was a great experience.  I am so thankful for this board and its members without whom i would not have known about the secured BOA card or cash back rewards.  One of the best feelings is calling in and having an idea of what exactly is going to happen and what questions are going to be asked. Knowledge is power and this board is such a great resource for rebuilders and the credit curious. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA CLI after Recon

Congrats on your CLI!!

Message 2 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! and remember that BofA REALLY ROCKS! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Enjoy your new card!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's a nice increase!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done, congrats on the CLI

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Just had my $6,600 instant CLI from my BoA cash rewards card 2 days ago. BOA rocks! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.