BOA CLI approvals

tag
stancil70
Contributor

BOA CLI approvals

Luv button =

BOA Cash Rewards went from $38,400 to $58,400

BOA Travel Rewards went from $21,600 to to $29,100

Not Bad!  Didn't realize their CLI had gone to SP instead of HP until I was looking at forum posts.  

Now if only Chase would show me some love.   Wouldn't mind a little love from Barclay's either. 

My Wallet: Chase Freedom Unlimited 2k; Chase Amazon Prime 30k; Chase IHG 500; Chase Disney 15k; Chase Mariott Bonvoy 23.7k; Barclays Carnival 11.1k; Barclay Rewards 1.9k; Cap 1 Savor 15k, Cap 1 Walmart 10k; Cap 1 QS 6.7k; Cap 1 Pottery Barn 18.2k; Discover It 12k; Citi Rewards 14.7k; Citi DC 14k; Citi Simplicity 16.8k; Citi Custom Cash 3k; Amex Goldno pre-set limit; Amex BCE 5.1k; Amex Hilton 40k; Amex Magnet 5.5k; Amex Macys 19.7k; Amex Delta 20k; BOA Cash Rewards 75k; BOA Travel Rewards 15.2k; Wells Fargo Active Cash 22k; Best Buy Visa 3.3; BP Visa 4k; Target MC 4k; Kohls 3k; Nordstrom 1k; Apple MC 15k; Penfed Power Cash 8.8k; Penfed Platinum 10k; Various Comenity MC/Visa 72.6k/ Various Synchrony MC/Visa 83.5k. Total Credit Lines: $597,150k, utilization less than 1%. FICO scores 775 - 800; Annual Income $250k
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA CLI approvals

Congrats OP on B of A--your limits on those cards seems to dwarf the rest of your limits in your signature!! Don't get your hopes up about Chase--I just took a 2 bureau HP for a CLI on a 4 y/o card (CSP) with a $5K limit and the best they were able to do was another $5K...not worth the HPs for me--but YMMV.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you confirm that Bank of america does SP when increasing your limit line ? 

Message 3 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Grats OP

Sorry Hoarder

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 16
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you want confirmation from more than one person--then check out the B of A To Stop HPs for CLIs thread in the Credit Card section. As far as everyone can tell it's true.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are some major credit increases! Congratulations!
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Those are some mighty CLIs OP.  

Lots of confirmed data points here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BoA-to-stop-HPs-for-CLI-s/td-p/5250589

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both CLI

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

boa.PNGWhy does it still say this then? Specifically in the first paragraph. For the people that have applied, no hard inquries have shown up on any bureau?

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

boa.PNGWhy does it still say this then? Specifically in the first paragraph. For the people that have applied, no hard inquries have shown up on any bureau?

Legal jargon, I suppose. They can still technically HP you if they want to. Citi’s retail division has very similar language on the Macy’s and Sears cards but they are typically SP CLI.  

@Like @AverageJoeCredit says, as with everything, expect a HP and be thankful for a SP. 

In 47 pages of discussion on the link I provided above, I haven’t seen a HP since we became aware that the policy changed to SP.   Here’s my personal anecdote, I pullled the trigger last week and received no HP.  Interestingly though, it appears TU has to be thawed in order to get the SP. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.