Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA LUV button appeared again

tag
Dilbert934
New Contributor

BOA LUV button appeared again

Got approved for a BOA Signature Visa CLI from $1800 to $5k back around Feb.  Saw the Luv Link appear today so I went for $7500.  Approved!  Probably should have gone for more based on my deposit balance between checking and Merrill accounts.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA LUV button appeared again

When will people learn you have to shoot for 100K w/ BOA and just let them counter back instead of "leaving money on the table" 

Message 2 of 11
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

You probably could've gotten to at least $12K!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on you auto CLI! Remember everytime you see the button, hit it and try for a double of your current CL.  If BOA does agree, let them counter offer.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! It’s not too late...it’s a soft pull....hit it again and ask for 25k...you will be pleasantly surprised!!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dilbert934 wrote:

Got approved for a BOA Signature Visa CLI from $1800 to $5k back around Feb.  Saw the Luv Link appear today so I went for $7500.  Approved!  Probably should have gone for more based on my deposit balance between checking and Merrill accounts.

The maximum CLI BofA will approve is 3 times your current limit so you probably did leave a bit on the table but there's no guarantee that you would have been approved for the max.  The amounts deposited in checking and investment accounts have no influence over your credit limit unless you're using those funds to secure your card.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dilbert934 wrote:

The maximum CLI BofA will approve is 3 times your current limit so you probably did leave a bit on the table but there's no guarantee that you would have been approved for the max.  The amounts deposited in checking and investment accounts have no influence over your credit limit unless you're using those funds to secure your card.

You're thinking AMEX.  I have never seen mention of BOA capped at 3X anywhere.  There are many instances of 18K+ CLI's for some of us that have been more aggressive with them over the years.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I'm not thinking of Amex.  When I started out increasing the limits on my BofA Cash Rewards card the first two times they approved me for a bit less than 3 times my previous limit.  Eventually I asked and I was told that the maximum they would do is 3 times the current limit.  Navy Federal also has the 3X limit although they make exceptions occasionally, as does Amex.  An $18+ K CLI does not mean it was 3 times the current limit; it depends on what the current limit was.

Note that the OP's first increase was from $1,800 to $5,000; that's less than a 3X increase which would have been $5,400.

Here's how my Cash Rewards grew, none of my increases were actually 3X:

8/23/17 - $2,000 Platinum Visa

11/25/17 - $5,900 - Hard pull

3/26/18 - $13,000 - Hard pull

3/29/18 - Requested conversion to Visa Signature

7/3/18 - $23,100  -  Soft pull

10/6/18 - $37,000  - Soft pull

1/5/19 - $50,000 - Soft pull

4/29/19 - $70,000 - Soft pull

Message 8 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on another great increase! BofA likes you

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Definitely try it again. Unfortunately BofA has never been kind to me with the luv button... Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.