Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Premium Rewards - $21k

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: BOA Premium Rewards - $21k

So I found the T&C now that the card shows in my account:  https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/cms/published/root/duo/sharedContent/pdf/PremiumRw...

• You can’t transfer or sell Points to another person. However, you may be able to transfer Points from one Bank of America account to another. Call for more information to see if your account qualifies.
  • Points transfers between credit card accounts issued by Us are only available on certain programs. Refer to Online Banking for more details.
  • Points may not be combined with any other entity, including airline frequent flier, hotel frequent guest or other travel-related or membership reward charge or credit card programs, whether in the U.S. or abroad.

So, it looks like rewards points transfers are going to be "call and find out" and YMMV situation.

The disappointing part (for the vast majority of us) is that it states that the points bonuses are calculated by your Preferred Rewards/Banking Rewards for Wealth Management status at the time of purchase.  That means that no bonus will be applied to the 50,000 sign-up bonus, and it also really does appear that the standard 10% bonus given to non-Preferred customers doesn't apply for this card.  The good news is that those participating in the Banking Rewards for Wealth Management program will receive the same 75% points bonus that Platinum Preferred customers receive.

Message 31 of 37
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

More applause!

Message 32 of 37
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thanks again, everyone.  Just a quick update... so I mentioned earlier that I did see that when they added my card to my online account, they took $21,000 from my Travel Rewards card to open it.  I asked for a CLI to $50k on that card afterward since it went from $26,800 to $5,800 last week and it went pending 7-10 days, "but may take up to 30 days."  Well, I just logged into my account and noticed that my Travel Rewards received a bump to $12,900 so they did give me a $7,100 CLI, which brings me to an even $70,000 between my four BOA cards, or $140,000 total exposure with the AU on my wife's card (not sure if they consider that or not when reviewing exposure).  Time to update my signature and just realized I am only about $22k shy of half a mil on revolving lines - wow!

Has anyone actually received their card yet?  I have only received the letter (yesterday) congratulating me on my approval but letting me know that they reallocated one of my credit lines.

Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks again, everyone.  Just a quick update... so I mentioned earlier that I did see that when they added my card to my online account, they took $21,000 from my Travel Rewards card to open it.  I asked for a CLI to $50k on that card afterward since it went from $26,800 to $5,800 last week and it went pending 7-10 days, "but may take up to 30 days."  Well, I just logged into my account and noticed that my Travel Rewards received a bump to $12,900 so they did give me a $7,100 CLI, which brings me to an even $70,000 between my four BOA cards, or $140,000 total exposure with the AU on my wife's card (not sure if they consider that or not when reviewing exposure).  Time to update my signature and just realized I am only about $22k shy of half a mil on revolving lines - wow!

Has anyone actually received their card yet?  I have only received the letter (yesterday) congratulating me on my approval but letting me know that they reallocated one of my credit lines.

Glad to see that you got some of the limit back.  I received my card 2 days ago

Message 34 of 37
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

And I just noticed that they also gave me $5,000 on my Platinum Plus card!  So $75k total for me now with BOA on my personal cards.  Still no card for me yet.  I subscribe to Informed Delivery from USPS so I get scans of my mail each morning, so at least I know it wasn't stolen or anything.  Have to say I'm not getting tired of constantly updating my signature this month.

Message 35 of 37
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

And I just noticed that they also gave me $5,000 on my Platinum Plus card!  So $75k total for me now with BOA on my personal cards.  Still no card for me yet.  I subscribe to Informed Delivery from USPS so I get scans of my mail each morning, so at least I know it wasn't stolen or anything.  Have to say I'm not getting tired of constantly updating my signature this month.

I love when BofA doesn't tell you everything and you discover these little random surprises when logging into your account. I haven't received my card yet (I think you were approved a few days before me) but I did get my "your card has been shipped" yesterday...itching to get that $500 bonus! Congrats on getting to $75k with BofA! I just reached $25k...in time, if i do things right, i'll be there too..heres hoping! 

Message 36 of 37
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I'm itching for my bonus too!  Since the Travel Rewards account is the one I ultimately want to keep, the Premium Rewards card puts a slight damper on my timeline for complete account consolidation and trying to hit $100k, but in June I plan to combine the Platinum Plus and Cash Rewards cards into the Travel Rewards, so it will be at least $54,000 plus whatever CLIs they want to give me at that point in addition to the $21k PR.  I'm not seeing any promotional balance transfer offers yet for the Premium Rewards, so I may need to rethink PCing that Travel Rewards to Premium Rewards after I close the actual PR card - most likely I'll PC it to a BankAmericard Platinum Plus.  Unfortunately I'll still need the balance transfer capacity for a few more years.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.