Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Premium Rewards - $21k

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

BOA Premium Rewards - $21k

I made it in the garden 2 months and 8 days, and exactly 5 months since my last account opening.  The $550 (with relationship bonus) was too good to pass up. Time to update my signature!  Hey @Anonymous, we tied!  LOL  Assuming they pulled Experian, which is 731 today.  No baddies ever, overall util about 24-25%.  Total BOA exposure is $83,900 $62,900 (+$70k as AU on DW's card).  (Note: Edited next day; they took $21k off of my Travel Rewards card to open this.)

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Premium Rewards - $21k

Message 2 of 37
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I made it in the garden 2 months and 8 days, and exactly 5 months since my last account opening.  The $550 (with relationship bonus) was too good to pass up. Time to update my signature!  Hey @Anonymous, we tied!  LOL  Assuming they pulled Experian, which is 731 today.  No baddies ever, overall util about 24-25%.  Total BOA exposure is $83,900 (+$70k as AU on DW's card).

Congrats, K-i-B!

You get extra for the relationship bonus? I'm at 75%, so I would be getting $875?!?!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 3 of 37
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thanks!  Yes, it's 50,000 points so when redeemed to an eligible BOA/ML/ME account, you'll get the bonus!  Makes even more sense now, right?

Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Same starting CL as you mention.  Guess they like that number.  Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

AWESOME!! Congratulations!tinas.highfive.gif

Message 6 of 37
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

RA: Bam Bam - Plastik Park Label Showcase - Riktam & Bansi ...

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 7 of 37
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Big congrats K-in-Boston! Nice SL. Did they happen to pull credit from another tradeline to open or is this a stand alone approval?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 8 of 37
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

So far, I don't see any changes on my other 3 primary cards so I'm hopeful that it's stand-alone.  When I opened the Cash Rewards card 3 months ago, I don't think I noticed until the next day that they took $6k from my just-moments-before-$13k-CLI on another card to open up the $7500 Cash Rewards.  I'm playing wait-and-see and will likely ask for CLI increases very soon if I see that they reallocated.

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Woo-hoo! That is so exciting!
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.