Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Premium Rewards - $21k

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA Premium Rewards - $21k

Congrats!  Very nice approval and great card for peole with top tiers with bofa, if not still a great bonus!Smiley Happy..  Enjoy!

Message 11 of 37
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

So far, I don't see any changes on my other 3 primary cards so I'm hopeful that it's stand-alone.  When I opened the Cash Rewards card 3 months ago, I don't think I noticed until the next day that they took $6k from my just-moments-before-$13k-CLI on another card to open up the $7500 Cash Rewards.  I'm playing wait-and-see and will likely ask for CLI increases very soon if I see that they reallocated.

Speaking of CLI I STILL have the love buttons appearing on both my Merrill+ & 123 Cash Rewards and have hit them up twice last month already will they ever disappear lol? It' s way too tempting!

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 12 of 37
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thanks again everyone!

Yes, for anyone with Preferred Rewards status with Bank of America, Merrill Lynch and Merrill Edge, this is hand-down one of the best credit cards on the market.  Period.  Unfortunately, I'm not one of those clients.  But even with the checking account, it's 2.2% on travel and restaurants and 1.65% on everything else, so depending on spend just at the 10% bonus it could beat out Double Cash, and it's better than Quicksilver even without the bonus.

I'm sorry that you weren't able to get yours, CreditCuriousity.  Hopefully the SUB will stick around for a while if you try again later.  Of all the BOA cards, this one looks like the keeper for me, especially once I get this mountain of debt gone in a few years and can start planning for retirement.  I have time until next summer to decide for sure, but I think I'll merge the Cash Rewards and BankAmericard lines into the Travel Rewards card (a former MBNA card which is well-aged) and then either PC it to a BankAmericard and keep this card, or leave it as a Travel Rewards until this one turns a year old and then merge it into the TR and PC my current TR to a PR.  Hopefully everyone was able to follow that alphabet soup.

Edit:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Speaking of CLI I STILL have the love buttons appearing on both my Merrill+ & 123 Cash Rewards and have hit them up twice last month already will they ever disappear lol? It' s way too tempting!

Sometimes those buttons stick around for a while, then come back again when the computer thinks you're eligible again.  Did you get recent CLIs on those cards?

Message 13 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks again everyone!

Yes, for anyone with Preferred Rewards status with Bank of America, Merrill Lynch and Merrill Edge, this is hand-down one of the best credit cards on the market.  Period.  Unfortunately, I'm not one of those clients.  But even with the checking account, it's 2.2% on travel and restaurants and 1.65% on everything else, so depending on spend just at the 10% bonus it could beat out Double Cash, and it's better than Quicksilver even without the bonus.

I'm sorry that you weren't able to get yours, CreditCuriousity.  Hopefully the SUB will stick around for a while if you try again later.  Of all the BOA cards, this one looks like the keeper for me, especially once I get this mountain of debt gone in a few years and can start planning for retirement.  I have time until next summer to decide for sure, but I think I'll merge the Cash Rewards and BankAmericard lines into the Travel Rewards card (a former MBNA card which is well-aged) and then either PC it to a BankAmericard and keep this card, or leave it as a Travel Rewards until this one turns a year old and then merge it into the TR and PC my current TR to a PR.  Hopefully everyone was able to follow that alphabet soup.

Edit:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Sometimes those buttons stick around for a while, then come back again when the computer thinks you're eligible again.  Did you get recent CLIs on those cards?

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see any mention of a 10% customer bonus for this card like they do for the Cash and Travel cards. It seems for this specific product, you only are entitled at a bonus on your rewards if you are Preferred Rewards. Regular checking account holders don't get anything extra, again, unless I'm missing it?

Regardless, definitely a card/bonus worth signing up for!

Message 14 of 37
happypill
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks!  Yes, it's 50,000 points so when redeemed to an eligible BOA/ML/ME account, you'll get the bonus!  Makes even more sense now, right?

Whoa, I didn't realize that.  $875 cash sign-on bonus is insane for those with platinum honors premier rewards.

I've also got over 30k points sitting in my Travel Rewards card right now.  Can those be transferred over to this new card for the 75% bonus as well (I don't think so because it wasn't possible with the Cash Rewards).

Congrats on the great approval!

Message 15 of 37
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks again everyone!

Edit:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Yes. Got $10k on Cash Rewards to get the ball rolling. Used same hp for Merill+ & CL on that one all in month of August using same hp and the button has never disappeared lol!

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 16 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@credit_endurance wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks again everyone!

Edit:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Yes. Got $10k on Cash Rewards to get the ball rolling. Used same hp for Merill+ & CL on that one all in month of August using same hp and the button has never disappeared lol!

HP's with BofA are good for one month typically for either new accouts and/or CLI's across multiple cards.

Message 17 of 37
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks again everyone!

Edit:

@credit_endurance wrote:

HP's with BofA are good for one month typically for either new accouts and/or CLI's across multiple cards.

Yes. Latest HP was Aug 7 got $10k increase on Cash Rewards, then applied for Merrill+ approved 2 days later (same pull) then CLI Merrill+ (same pull) all within the 30 day window. Usually my love buttons disappear somewhere after the increases are granted but as of today they still appear.( headscrathcher) 

Message 18 of 37
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats to the baller in B-town! 😀
Message 19 of 37
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Very nice approval.  Up for CLI next month, so I am thinking triple dip.  321, BBR and Premium...

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.