cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA - Successful Graduation on $99/$500 and CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA - Successful Graduation on $99/$500 and CLI!

I was approved end of July for a $99/$500

Yesterday was my 5 month mark. Statement posted today and the credit line increase link was now showing.

Called a sr. analyst and asked for my card to be unsecured and have deposit back. He asked if I was also interested in an increase that he could do it altogether with the same HP. I said yes and he asked how much. I didn't want to shoot myself in the foot and asked for $5K. Took all but 2 minutes and he came back and said "Congratulations, all has been approved"! :-)

I show the credit of my deposit already in my checking, but the increase doesn't show yet. Does anyone know if that should be instant? Or will it show tomorrow?

Almost certain the pull will be EX which is my highest score to date at 659 (was 664 a few weeks ago, dropped because my Util went from 1% to 3%)!

Score when approved 604 in July.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA - Successful Graduation on $99/$500 and CLI!

Nice increase! Congrats! 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huge "disappointing" update on this!

I saw the credit of my security deposit instantly, but the CLI wasn't showing. Typically with a CLI it's instant, so I called back, because he clearly said "Congratulations, "all" has been approved"! When I called back, the new analyst that I got said, that the CLI was not approved, only the graduation of the current card at the current $500 cli! I told her I can't understand why he would have told me it was approved and asked her if she could reconsider. She asked me several of the same questions, put me on hold reviewed and came back and said at this time she is unable to approve the request for the CLI, to use it for maybe a few more months and check again.

Talk about a super high and then a super low!

This department does not pull Ex, they pull TU. Would probably had a different outcome with EX.

Oh well, win some, lose some!

Message 3 of 5
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the card’s graduation and sorry they Didn’t grant you the CLI you asked for.

Almost always BoA use TU for CLI and EX for new apps so if you really wanted them to use your EX you could’ve app’d for a new card then call in after to unsecure your 99/500 both using same EX.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 5
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

I've had my card with BOA since mid 2014 and it's still at the $500 SL. LOL!  Granted, I am rebuilding from a CH13 BK that was discharged in August 2016, so I know exactly why they won't budge with me.  But it's still very frustrating because I love this card and have been using it excessively for the last 3 years!  I'm a long time BOA/ML customer as well.  My BK falls off in 2018 so I hope to see this card grow.  Unitl then, I wait!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.