Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA premium rewards approuved

tag
blackfines1
Contributor

BOA premium rewards approuved

just got approuved for BOA Premium Rewards, SL 11K,
DP Exp 712, inq 10+, AAoA 1.8, new acc 6/24, I do have 2 other CC SL 10k,  with BOA ML acc, Checking 6k,  travel reward 6k.

Don't try to get this card if you don't have a least 5k with boa, and other card with SL 10k.

IMG_9508.jpg

21 REPLIES 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: BOA premium rewards approuved

Congrats on you're premium approvalSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Tough UW on this one, congrats on getting it Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 22
althes
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for that note.

I was thinking about getting this but will try for a Bank Americard first do a BT for 6 months then apply for this card in December next year.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blackfines1 wrote:

Don't try to get this card if you don't have a least 5k with boa, and other card with SL 10k.

I have a single card @ 65K with them and still get denied for this beast.  The key must be the deposit and not the 10K CL on the other card.

%0.01 on BOA Checking isn't worth the PR approval at least for me.  I was just considering it for the SUB anyway.

Message 5 of 22
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@blackfines1 wrote:

just got approuved for BOA Premium Rewards, SL 11K,
DP Exp 712, inq 10+, AAoA 1.8, new acc 6/24, I do have 2 other CC SL 10k,  with BOA ML acc, Checking 6k,  travel reward 6k.

Congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

That's a nice card!

I have my eye on this card too. 

A few questions to clarify, please.

Understand they pulled EX?  (I thought TU was more common with BofA.)

For Data Points, what were your other highest limit cards?

Approximately how much were your total deposts including ML acct?

(Was the $6K just in checking?)

Approximate income?

Thanks!

waytogo.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 6 of 22
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@blackfines1 wrote:

I have a single card @ 65K with them and still get denied for this beast.  The key must be the deposit and not the 10K CL on the other card.

%0.01 on BOA Checking isn't worth the PR approval at least for me.  I was just considering it for the SUB anyway.

From what I understand, Merrill Lynch accounts (even self-directed investments) count also towards deposits and qualification for Premium Rewards tiers.  Is this not an option or attractive?  Moving some money into investments and then keeping a small bank account open seems a viable option.  If you have enough status with PR program, they waive the monthly service charges so there would be no minimum balances or fees.  

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 7 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Aim_High wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@blackfines1 wrote:

From what I understand, Merrill Lynch accounts (even self-directed investments) count also towards deposits and qualification for Premium Rewards tiers.  Is this not an option or attractive?  Moving some money into investments and then keeping a small bank account open seems a viable option.  If you have enough status with PR program, they waive the monthly service charges so there would be no minimum balances or fees.  

Yes that is correct it does count towards the tiers being ML.  Yes a very tough card to get indeed as been turned down a few times most recent with an experian score > 800 and a checking with bofa granted a newer checking account.  Denial reason for number of new accounts was only reason tried to recon to no avail.. give it another shot in 6 months.  Still pre approved for all their other cards.

Congrats OP

Message 8 of 22
blackfines1
Contributor

Understand they pulled EX?  (I thought TU was more common with BofA.) EXPERIAN  for me in TX

For Data Points, what were your other highest limit cards?       9 k CITI PRESTIGE + 11 K CHASE

Approximately how much were your total deposts including ML acct? CHECKING 6K , ML +-3K

(Was the $6K just in checking?) YES

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, so you need to have deposit accounts with BoA to get approved for their premium rewards card?  I have not read about this prior to now.  Glad I never apped, as that would have been a denial for me.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.