Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA 99/500 graduation and big CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOFA 99/500 graduation and big CLI

Hi everyone, my partially secured 99/500 just graduated at the 5th month, after I saw the CLI link online I called and was graduated, deposit will be returned to my checking account in another bank. After that calle backdoor number and requested CLI to $5K, request was sent to upper management and got a call back same day (today) she verified some basic info and CLI was approved to $5K!!! Took some time but it was worth it!!

Thanks for the advice, you guys are great!!

So my question is, what now? How that card can keep growing with time, how they work with CLI (timeline) and if they are always HP???

thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOFA 99/500 graduation and big CLI

From reading this site it seems they can grow pretty well. Unfortunatley they are going to be a HP 99% of the time. Also it seems that you could've got a higher increase. With BoA you want to ask for a large number and if that is too big, the will counter with a lower limit. It seems since they gave you what you wanted that they would've given you more. 

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree with you ALK11 and thanks for response, at the moment I thought $5k was ok coming from a $500 card recently unsecured hehe, was my bad at the moment because from most of what I read in the forum the CLI were conservative after graduating.
Message 3 of 18
Artemis092
Regular Contributor

Did you use the card a lot before you got the upgrade?

If you build it, they will come.

Amex BCE | Amex ED | BofA Rewards | Citibank DC | CitiBank Best Buy | Discover IT | Chase Amazon Prime | Chase Freedom | Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really small purchases monthly, when I called the first rep didn't wanted to graduate saying my usege was really low and they wanted me to use it for bigger spending, I just said to her that a $500 credit line for me is for small purchases and I was being responsible with it, then I asked for a supervisor and talked to him and he graduated the card right away. But I used it from 1 to maximum 4 transactions monthly.
Message 5 of 18
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! BofA was one of my first cards and I started with a secured $300 card lol. Treat it well and let it age a bit before requesting another cli (it will always be a HP). 

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your 99/500 graduation!  I started my rebuild with BofA, and it's been great.  I wish I knew myFICO sooner!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your graduation and a nice backdoor!  What kind of basic information did they ask when they called back?

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOB, last of social, income...
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.