Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA Cash CLI

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

BOFA Cash CLI

This little card started off as a $500 unsecured rebuilder card with no rewards. Got it in January 2015. PCd to Cash rewards in March. In March, asked for an increase to $2000, got it. Through some consolidating of other cards I didn't want I got the limit to $5100. In September, got it increased to $8000. Read somewhere that they do CLIs every 3 months and they pull TU, my highest score. Went for it, asked for $20,000, they instantly approved for $14,500. Not bad Smiley Very Happy now my highest limit. Takes the sting out of no love from Citi.

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOFA Cash CLI

Congrats on the CLI but just so you know any successful CLI goes in the approvals forum.

Message 2 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Congrats, but as you posted yesterday about being unhappy with Citi because they won't CLI you, I think racking up more inquiries isn't a great idea. No, this isn't a new account, but you're still adding more inquiries at a time when IMO you should be gardening. You're free to ignore the advice and only you know what's best for you, but you often ask why you don't get approved for certain things/CLIs/whatever and this is part of the reason why...

Just take a breather for awhile with the HPs. Anyway, what's done is done, and you got the CLI, so that's good.

Message 3 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 10
icyhot
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Congrats, but as you posted yesterday about being unhappy with Citi because they won't CLI you, I think racking up more inquiries isn't a great idea. No, this isn't a new account, but you're still adding more inquiries at a time when IMO you should be gardening. You're free to ignore the advice and only you know what's best for you, but you often ask why you don't get approved for certain things/CLIs/whatever and this is part of the reason why...

Just take a breather for awhile with the HPs. Anyway, what's done is done, and you got the CLI, so that's good.

You're right, which is something i considered, but BofA pulled TU for the CLI, Citi looks at EQ. That's really the only reason I went through with it 

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 5 of 10
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

I am debating if I should call and ask for CLI. Last time I called was over 4 years ago and went from 12K to 24K. I tried to do a CLI on my other BofA credit card but they said I am already maxed out with them. When they ask for annual income, is it for one person or is it a house hold income?

Thanks

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!! i agree with some good advice above as well

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the cli.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats on the CLI

Message 9 of 10
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.