Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA Treasure Hunt - I Found It

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOFA Treasure Hunt - I Found It

BOFA unsecured today from 99/500 to $1000 unsecured - No email or notification.

This morning I was looking at my checking account and I see where an adjustment was made for $99. I then checked my cash rewards card and see the CL is now $1000. No email or notification about the change.  

I have had a bank account with BOFA for over 20 years.  I applied with the 99/500 offer back in October of last year with Fico scores in the low 600's (four medical collections) and was approved.  In March of this year I applied for the Komen card and was instantly denied with scores in the mid 600's.  They pulled EX.

Two days ago with scores in the mid 700's (no collections) across all three bureaus I applied for the Bank Americard and was instantly denied. They pulled EX again.  I then hit the request increase link on my secured card and it went to review (soft pull).  I decided to call and ask for reconsideration on the Bank Americard application.  The CSR was very nice and pulled up the app.  She said we could not approve the app because  there is not enough use; payment history; and deposit/investment accounts for us to extend more credit and there are some inquiries.  I said three of the six inquires on EX are from BOFA.  She chuckled. I mentioned my scores are significantly higher as well. 

I also mentioned that I asked for an increase on my secured card and would see how that played out (she made no comment on this). 

I must say even though I didn't like the outcome the CSR was so nice and professional it eased the sting.

I'm okay with it and I think my call (and superior negotiating skills LOL) might have had something to do with the unsecuring.  I will use it and pay it and wait a year or so.  Hopefully the Komen card will still be available later on.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: BOFA Treasure Hunt - I Found It

Congrats on the graduation!!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the graduation!

Message 3 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

They like you lol. BofA would give me a $500 secured card only with a $600 deposit.
Congrats!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the graduation!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!.....way to go...Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the CC graduation and decent CL to boot.

Optionally, unless you want to collect the $200 SUB for the S G Komen CC, you can also check with them and see if your account is eligible for a PC.
Message 7 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Glad someone found the treasure at BofA, Only Lender That has not given Me an Increase!

Congratulations!!

Message 8 of 12
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats, OP!! Nicely done!!👍👍

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 9 of 12
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the card graduation and CLI @Treeshaker! I had this same setup back in 2015. Yours graduated much faster. It took mine about 21 months to graduate but then went from $500 to $1,500 to $10,000. It jumped up fast once I passed their "ok he's not going to hose us over" threshold lol 

They are very relationship heavy. When I opened my checking account and used it to pay all my bills that's when I saw it jump from $1,500 to $10k, and got approved for their Premier Rewards card and got that up to $30,000 in less than a year. You're on your way -- hang on tight! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.