Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOM!! DiscoverIT Cash Back APPROVAL - SL $9,500

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM!! DiscoverIT Cash Back APPROVAL - SL $9,500

This has me pretty excited - I was searching through this forum for the best cards after bankruptcy and the DiscoverIT kept coming up, so I looked more into that card specifically.  I had applied with Discover back in Dec and got instant denial.  Hadn't given them much thought at all since...  

I decided to take a look at what the pre-approval might say and it gave me a couple options, with exact APRs.   Based on what I had been reading, my EX FICO 8 at 662 and a fairly thin credit profile, it seemed like I was a perfect candidate.  Plus, I read that if the pre-approval gave you a specific APR, it indicated a much higher chance at approval.  So I decided to go for it...  

Instant approval and an SL of $9,500.   

And I opted for the cool green card.  Smiley Very Happy

Some data points:

Chap 7 BK 2009

2 inquiries on EX / 6 on EQ / 4 on TU

EX FICO 8 662 & EQ FICO 9 694

$103,000 income - $1590 rent and $300 car payment.

2 other personal cards - Cap1 @ $1100 CL and an NFCU AMEX More Rewards at $10,000 (but I just got a CLI last week so I am sure it is still reporting $3,900 CL)

Super short personal credit history - Cap1 since Oct 2017 and NFCU since Feb of this year..  But I am an auth user on a couple cards, including a CITI card with a $20K CL

17% Utilization (according to my Discover Scorecard today)

Interestingly enough, I have not received notification of a hard pull - maybe because I've been using the Discover Scorecard for 5 months?  We'll see if any show up...   a new card at $9,500 without a HP would be flat out awesome.

Just one more card and I swear I'm heading to the garden to hang out....   

Boom!Boom!

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOOM!! DiscoverIT Cash Back APPROVAL - SL $9,500

Congrats! Very nice SL. 

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@benreily  Thank you!  It's my highest starting limit by far...  and much more than I hoped for.  So I'm happy with it....

Message 3 of 20
austingal
Regular Contributor

Congrats! That is wonderful. Enjoy it!

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austingal wrote:

Congrats! That is wonderful. Enjoy it!

Thank you...  and since I know it's pertinent point, I noted the snazzy green color.  Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 20
aspenius
Established Member

Congratulations!  Nice CL to start.  I recently applied and was approved for the Discover IT, and chose the green card too.  I actually got a compliment on the pretty green card from the cashier at the grocery store lol. 

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aspenius wrote:

Congratulations!  Nice CL to start.  I recently applied and was approved for the Discover IT, and chose the green card too.  I actually got a compliment on the pretty green card from the cashier at the grocery store lol. 

Thank you!!  I was super happy with the starting limit....  And it appears you have great taste in card color as well - can't wait to see it in person!

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is completely unrelated...the CAPS WON!

Anyway, congrats. Great SL.
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears we've got similar tastes & disco SL luck. Picked up my green IT for $10k last fall and love it, congrats on the approval
Message 9 of 20
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Congrats. Nice SL. Discover grows with time pretty well

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.