Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: BR Visa limit DOUBLED to $14,000!!

@jsickz32 wrote:

if i remember correctly OP claims his and his moms income as houselhold. it isnt the same with wife/husband. 

Household income is just that:  Income from all sources for the household.  It does not have to be husband/wife.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 21 of 45
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:

if i remember correctly OP claims his and his moms income as houselhold. it isnt the same with wife/husband. 

That's what I meant when I said being generous with income.  I don't know if creditors want your parents income as well... hell I could be reporting nearly $250k on my apps if I included my parents income,  whom I live with.  Obviously that would not be accurate which is why I don't do it. 

Photobucket
Message 22 of 45
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

Household income is just that:  Income from all sources for the household.  It does not have to be husband/wife.

damn then im gonna start putting 187k HH income on my apps from now on. thanks for letting me know.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 23 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Household income/Family income can be used. 

Everytime I speak with an analyst they specifically say that they only want individual income. I am sure they do not care really, but they do stress that they do not want income that is not your own. What anyone puts down as income is their own business, but that is just what the analysts say when I speak with them.

Most applications allow you to add other sources of income if you want them to be considered for the product you are applying for.....

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 24 of 45
LesWH
Established Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

damn then im gonna start putting 187k HH income on my apps from now on. thanks for letting me know.

If you have access to all of your HHI, there is no reason why you shouldn't.

Message 25 of 45
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks everyone:-)!

obviously, I'm concerned with a "Financial Review" just like everyone else. I've had GE accounts since I was 18.... I've also always been cli happy haha just to build credit...not out of necessity or to overspend. I  request clis like every 2-6 months on each account typically.  I don't think I would get clis if I weren't at least moderately creditworthy. I keep an eye on my finances, including my credit score and report, just like my creditors do. Tbh, my credit score is the highest it has ever been, so I can't imagine any type of aa.

SCOOOORE @les!! Haha thanks :-D

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 26 of 45
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

'Grats rtw!!!:-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 45
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

That's something that can happen to anyone at anytime.  While this board is the best and I have learned a lot from it, the paranoia at times is scary! If, as you say, you enjoy getting increases as well, then put yourself in the OP's position during a celebration of getting one.  Is it really necessary to bring up the thought of bad things during it? 

Yes it can happen at anytime. I am sure that it is more likely to happen to someone actively seeking more credit, than to someone who uses the account once every few months. If someone told me that I may be pushing it I would probably take the advice into consideration. I do it to myself sometimes, so I would not get upset that someone is just looking out for me. I am never paranoid of anything. I just know that someone like me with a very thin file may be at risk to be shut down.

Message 28 of 45
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I am very cautious, trust me!! Lol I know what can happen, but Ive been doing the same things for years...As far as aggressively building my credit and controlling my debt. the whole household income reporting idea has been discussed thoroughly here. The CARD Act only says that banks can ask for income as a vague term...it is the applicant's choice to actually provide indi income or hhi. But tbh, Ive used both diff types of income, and that hasn't really made a difference on my limits lol...ime the higher the score, the better the cred stats.... The better off you are creditwise. Simple as that.

thanks for havin' my back y'all!!!!:-D hahaha!

Message 29 of 45
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

You have got to be the most enthusiastic poster here lol
Photobucket
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.