cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in the garden with a Bang (updated)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in the garden with a Bang (updated)

9 months ago, DW and I decided to downsize and build a smaller house. Having just closed on our house this past Friday, I decided to app for a few cards

Approved for the following:

NFCU Cash Rewards: 24K @ 11.4%

PayPal Credit: $5250

Citi HHonors Reserve: $5200 @15.99 (a little disappointed in CL)

Credit Limit Increase

Submitted CLI on SPG AMEX, original 3X CLI was $35K …put in a request for $50K last night. I didn’t get an instant approval. I got the 7-10 day message. Logged in this morning, new CL of $50K was approved.

All in all…a grand total of $49,450 of new credit

Updated 6/9/17

On 6/1, I was approved for a car loan. Having already taken the HP, I decide to see if I could get a little love on my other accounts.

First up – PLOC: CL= $10.5K, requested the full $25K – APPROVED

Next up – PF Rewards/PF Promise: Both currently at = $20K, -APPROVED $25K each

Now, I have a PF 3 of a kind: $25K each (PLOC, Rewards, and Promise)

On 6/7 Applied for BOA Cash Rewards - Approved SL = $8K

All in all…a NEW grand total of $81,950 of new credit

Now it's time to head back to the garden

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Back in the garden with a Bang

@Anonymous wrote:

9 months ago, DW and I decided to downsize and build a smaller house. Having just closed on our house this past Friday, I decided to app for a few cards

@Anonymous Cash Rewards: 24K @ 11.4%

@Anonymous HHonors Reserve: $5200 @Anonymous.99 (a little disappointed in CL)

Credit Limit Increase

Submitted CLI on SPG AMEX, original 3X CLI was $35K …put in a request for $50K last night. I didn’t get an instant approval. I got the 7-10 day message. Logged in this morning, new CL of $50K was approved.

WOW! Loved that you two down-sized on your housing and upsized your CL. Way to Go! A big congratulations to the both of you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Cash Rewards: 24K @ 11.4%

@Anonymous HHonors Reserve: $5200 @Anonymous.99 (a little disappointed in CL)

Credit Limit Increase

WOW! Loved that you two down-sized on your housing and upsized your CL. Way to Go! A big congratulations to the both of you.

Thanks Creditinspired

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals and the new smaller house.  A few years ago I made that decision myself and I downsized to the point that I only own the house size I need versus the house that TV tells me I should dream about (which I had many times over the past 2 decades).

My cost of living plummetted so far down that I don't even know if I need to work anymore (and I'm still relatively young in my early 40s).  Whenever my heating or electricity bill comes, I have to look at it three times because I can't believe how tiny my payments are.

Taxes are so much cheaper, and it's easier to clean and maintain!

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bang is an understatement....Congrats...very very NICE!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Op on your success . Very impressed with your PP credit sl, thats very high for them . Navy is a true keeper, well doneSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approvals and the new smaller house.  A few years ago I made that decision myself and I downsized to the point that I only own the house size I need versus the house that TV tells me I should dream about (which I had many times over the past 2 decades).

My cost of living plummetted so far down that I don't even know if I need to work anymore (and I'm still relatively young in my early 40s).  Whenever my heating or electricity bill comes, I have to look at it three times because I can't believe how tiny my payments are.

Thanks! I agree on the much smaller home angle. Like you i am also in my 40s. 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bang is an understatement....Congrats...very very NICE!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Thanks doinit!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats Op on your success . Very impressed with your PP credit sl, thats very high for them . Navy is a true keeper, well doneSmiley Happy

Thanks AverageJoe. Definitely love the PP SL. I have been a member of NF for some time now and could apply for any of their wonderful products. Needless to say the minute i had the keys in my hand, i hit submit on my application.. lol

Message 9 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ditto for me too.

I really enjoy when MyFICOers share their stories.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.