cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in the garden with a Bang (updated)

dasingleton
Valued Contributor

Back in the garden with a Bang (updated)

9 months ago, DW and I decided to downsize and build a smaller house. Having just closed on our house this past Friday, I decided to app for a few cards

Approved for the following:

NFCU Cash Rewards: 24K @ 11.4%

PayPal Credit: $5250

Citi HHonors Reserve: $5200 @15.99 (a little disappointed in CL)

 

Credit Limit Increase

Submitted CLI on SPG AMEX, original 3X CLI was $35K …put in a request for $50K last night. I didn’t get an instant approval. I got the 7-10 day message. Logged in this morning, new CL of $50K was approved.

All in all…a grand total of $49,450 of new credit

 

Updated 6/9/17

 

On 6/1, I was approved for a car loan. Having already taken the HP, I decide to see if I could get a little love on my other accounts.

 

First up – PLOC: CL= $10.5K, requested the full $25K – APPROVED

Next up – PF Rewards/PF Promise: Both currently at = $20K, -APPROVED $25K each

 

Now, I have a PF 3 of a kind: $25K each (PLOC, Rewards, and Promise)

 

On 6/7 Applied for BOA Cash Rewards - Approved SL = $8K

 

All in all…a NEW grand total of $81,950 of new credit

 

Now it's time to head back to the garden

 

 

 

Gardening since 8/13/19
Over $500K in credit
TU:751 EQ:762 EX:773
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditInspired
Super Contributor

Re: Back in the garden with a Bang


@dasingleton wrote:

9 months ago, DW and I decided to downsize and build a smaller house. Having just closed on our house this past Friday, I decided to app for a few cards

Approved for the following:

@NFCU Cash Rewards: 24K @ 11.4%

PayPal Credit: $5250

@citi HHonors Reserve: $5200 @15.99 (a little disappointed in CL)

 

Credit Limit Increase

Submitted CLI on SPG AMEX, original 3X CLI was $35K …put in a request for $50K last night. I didn’t get an instant approval. I got the 7-10 day message. Logged in this morning, new CL of $50K was approved.

All in all…a grand total of $49,450 of new credit


WOW! Loved that you two down-sized on your housing and upsized your CL. Way to Go! A big congratulations to the both of you.

 


DEC 2019: EX 816, TU 820, EQ 810
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macy's $20K || NFCU CLOC $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || Apple Card $6.5K ||
Message 2 of 14
dasingleton
Valued Contributor

Re: Back in the garden with a Bang


@CreditInspired wrote:

@dasingleton wrote:

9 months ago, DW and I decided to downsize and build a smaller house. Having just closed on our house this past Friday, I decided to app for a few cards

Approved for the following:

@NFCU Cash Rewards: 24K @ 11.4%

PayPal Credit: $5250

@citi HHonors Reserve: $5200 @15.99 (a little disappointed in CL)

 

Credit Limit Increase

Submitted CLI on SPG AMEX, original 3X CLI was $35K …put in a request for $50K last night. I didn’t get an instant approval. I got the 7-10 day message. Logged in this morning, new CL of $50K was approved.

All in all…a grand total of $49,450 of new credit


WOW! Loved that you two down-sized on your housing and upsized your CL. Way to Go! A big congratulations to the both of you.

 


Thanks Creditinspired

Gardening since 8/13/19
Over $500K in credit
TU:751 EQ:762 EX:773
Message 3 of 14
ABCD2199
Senior Contributor

Re: Back in the garden with a Bang

Congrats on the approvals and the new smaller house.  A few years ago I made that decision myself and I downsized to the point that I only own the house size I need versus the house that TV tells me I should dream about (which I had many times over the past 2 decades).

 

My cost of living plummetted so far down that I don't even know if I need to work anymore (and I'm still relatively young in my early 40s).  Whenever my heating or electricity bill comes, I have to look at it three times because I can't believe how tiny my payments are.

 

Taxes are so much cheaper, and it's easier to clean and maintain!

Message 4 of 14
doinit1
Valued Contributor

Re: Back in the garden with a Bang

Bang is an understatement....Congrats...very very NICE!!!!Smiley Very Happy

American Express Business Gold(NPSL 10k) Chase CSP (25k) BofA CR Siggy (20.8k) BofA BBR (22.1k) Amex BCP(4.1k) Overstock (21.1K) Lowes (17K) NFCU CLOC (15K) NFCU VS Cash (15K) Care Credit (15k) J Crew( 11.9k)Venture WMC (10.25k) Amex Everyday (1k) Chase Slate (10k) Walmart MC(10k) BB Visa (10k) Discover(4.5k☝️) PayPal Cashback Mastercard (8k) Chase FU (7.4k) Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite (9.5K) Citi Double Cash (8.5k) Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card (6.5K) PenFed PCR (5K) PayPal Credit (4550)Discover (500✌️) Kohls (3k) Chase Freedom (1500)

Mortgage May 2017 - 2 auto loans (1 PenFed and 1 Navy) Aug 2018=98K
Gardening until June 2021

FICO 8 Scores EX 700 EQ 696 TU 703
AAOA 5.2yrs TCL=268,700
Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Back in the garden with a Bang

Congrats Op on your success . Very impressed with your PP credit sl, thats very high for them . Navy is a true keeper, well doneSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 14
dasingleton
Valued Contributor

Re: Back in the garden with a Bang


@ABCD2199 wrote:

Congrats on the approvals and the new smaller house.  A few years ago I made that decision myself and I downsized to the point that I only own the house size I need versus the house that TV tells me I should dream about (which I had many times over the past 2 decades).

 

My cost of living plummetted so far down that I don't even know if I need to work anymore (and I'm still relatively young in my early 40s).  Whenever my heating or electricity bill comes, I have to look at it three times because I can't believe how tiny my payments are.

 

Taxes are so much cheaper, and it's easier to clean and maintain!


Thanks! I agree on the much smaller home angle. Like you i am also in my 40s. 

Gardening since 8/13/19
Over $500K in credit
TU:751 EQ:762 EX:773
Message 7 of 14
dasingleton
Valued Contributor

Re: Back in the garden with a Bang


@doinit1 wrote:

Bang is an understatement....Congrats...very very NICE!!!!Smiley Very Happy


Thanks doinit!

Gardening since 8/13/19
Over $500K in credit
TU:751 EQ:762 EX:773
Message 8 of 14
dasingleton
Valued Contributor

Re: Back in the garden with a Bang


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats Op on your success . Very impressed with your PP credit sl, thats very high for them . Navy is a true keeper, well doneSmiley Happy

Thanks AverageJoe. Definitely love the PP SL. I have been a member of NF for some time now and could apply for any of their wonderful products. Needless to say the minute i had the keys in my hand, i hit submit on my application.. lol

Gardening since 8/13/19
Over $500K in credit
TU:751 EQ:762 EX:773
Message 9 of 14
CreditInspired
Super Contributor

Re: Back in the garden with a Bang


@ABCD2199 wrote:

Congrats on the approvals and the new smaller house.  A few years ago I made that decision myself and I downsized to the point that I only own the house size I need versus the house that TV tells me I should dream about (which I had many times over the past 2 decades).

 

My cost of living plummetted so far down that I don't even know if I need to work anymore (and I'm still relatively young in my early 40s).  Whenever my heating or electricity bill comes, I have to look at it three times because I can't believe how tiny my payments are.

 

Taxes are so much cheaper, and it's easier to clean and maintain!


Ditto for me too.

 

I really enjoy when MyFICOers share their stories.


DEC 2019: EX 816, TU 820, EQ 810
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macy's $20K || NFCU CLOC $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || Apple Card $6.5K ||
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.