cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in with AMEX after Blacklist, waiting on Chase.

tag
UpInSmoke
Contributor

Re: Back in with AMEX after Blacklist, waiting on Chase.

Congrats!! Good news is that, IMO, Chase is easier than Amex to get back in with. However, like anything else, YMMV. Smiley Happy

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

i burnt AMEX one

@soxfaininfl wrote:

cclimit, how much did you burn Amex and Chase for? I burned them both two years ago. I burned Amex for 2,300 and Chase for 5,500. I may pay Amex back in the next 6 months to get back sooner. I don't want to wait 10 years. 

two cards...one for around $3k, and i can't remember the other one

Message 12 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome back to the Amex family!

Message 13 of 22
disney2
Regular Contributor

I burned them back in 2009 too.  I'm still not back in the good graces evidently but I'm paying them back anyway.  Maybe one day.  

On the other hand, I'm like a PP with chase.  Even after burning them at that time too, I have several with them now.  I wish AMEX would loosen up!

Message 14 of 22
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

disney2, I only owe Amex 2,459. For that it’s worth pay them back to get back in their good graces. I want to get the Blue Cash Preferred card.

As for Chase, I moved from BOA (wasn’t happy with them) to Chase (offering 200 for new checking accounts as a SUB) for checking and savings. I also had my sister add me as AU on her Chase Freedom account (19k limit with a 34 dollar balance) and I’m going to ask my Dad to add me as an AU on his Chase Freedom account. That may or may not help me get back with them sooner but it doesn’t hurt either. I may try to save up the money to pay them back also. We will see.

Message 15 of 22
disney2
Regular Contributor

I got the checking and savings at Chase and put enough DD to keep from paying the fees.  Then about a year later, I applied for the Disney Visa and got it. From there, it was on!  Good luck with them.

Message 16 of 22
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, disney2!

Message 17 of 22
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Congratulation’s on your approval. I too burned AMEX and Chase in 2008 for a substantial amount. I went and checked AMEX prequel site and said nothing. Applied with Chase 2 years ago and got denied. They pulled my credit so I assume I’m not blacklisted with them any longer. But I don’t recall what the reasons were for the denial. Well shortly after checking AMEX they sent me a collections letter about what I owed. Has anyone ever received that letter?
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 18 of 22
disney2
Regular Contributor

Yes. I'm currently paying mine off now so I can get back in with them. I'm probably calling them today to pay the balance off.
Message 19 of 22
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@disney2:wrote:
Yes. I'm currently paying mine off now so I can get back in with them. I'm probably calling them today to pay the balance off.

Did they say how long you would have to wait to get back with them? Also did you or did they set the amount you would pay monthly if that was offered and how long did you have to pay them back? I know you stated that your paying off your balance.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.