cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in with Chase After 10 Years! Approved for Southwest Personal Premier Card!

tag
smw1103
Established Member

Back in with Chase After 10 Years! Approved for Southwest Personal Premier Card!

I applied for Chase Southwest on 6/6. I was given 30 day message. I went to Reddit  and here to figure out what to do. I called the automated line later that night and received 7-10 days (which was not a good sign). I got a letter in the mail that said I needed to verify my identity. I was really surprise because I was ready to recon.  I called in and I answered some questions. But it wasn't good enough. So I had to verify by sending documents via fax/mail. I research online and heard 'horror' stories about their fax machine, so I took the suggestion of someone here and mailed it. In that thread it was recommended to "send it next day air" but that cost $23 I wasn't doing that for a credit card I wasn't even sure I was approved for. So I just sent it priority (because of the sensitivity of the documents) that took 2 days for $6.

Based off tracking they received the documents on Friday. I called today around one today (Monday) just to see if the automated message was updated. It was! I approved for $2500 CL!

However I researched a lot (because I was scared) and I couldn't find a case where someone wasn't approved after sending in verification unless they were over 5/24. 

I don't know if I ever shared my credit story here before. But to save the long story when I was a freshman in college I opened two Chase cards (one to get a free pizza and one to get a free sub). I never actually found out I was approved until I was home visiting my parents over christmas break a year later and I saw final notice letters with my name on them. My parents activated the cards, ran up the limits and never paid a single bill and then they decided to settled. By the time I got involved it was too late. This was winter 2007. 

I applied for the Chase Freedom last year.  I was denied after recon due to unpaid collection (I eventually paid this because I couldn't get an apartment.). They also asked me about my previous accounts and I just told the truth. 

I honestly was going to wait to apply for this card next year when my ultiization is lower but I decided to jump at the 60k points offer.

Here are my data points:

Scores: 644,662,671 - Pulled Experian and Equifax

Utilization 26% - I am working on paying this down. This is across two cards. The rest have $0 reporting. 

Hard Inquiries- 4 (including this one)

I have one paid collection reporting.

AAOA: 2years3months

3/24- after this approval. (I was approved for Amex Everday back in Feb with $500SL with no sign up offer)

I am in the garden for the rest of the year. Pay down my utlization and come back for a Sapphire Preferred and Amex PRG. I had a preapproval for the preferred earlier this year but I can't seem to make it come back. 

I am happy to about this card. 

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/wayfair.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo wayfair.jpg" title="WayFair $1,000">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/Quicksilver.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo Quicksilver.jpg" title="Quicksilver $4,500">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/JCPenney.png.html" target="_blank"> photo JCPenney.png" title="JCPenney $3,500">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/walmart.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo walmart.jpg" title="Walmart $3,500">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/Merrick.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo Merrick.jpg" title="Merrick $2,000">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/fingerhut.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo fingerhut.jpg" title="Fingerhut $1,800">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/Amazon.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo Amazon.jpg" title="Amazon store card $3,500">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/Barclay.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo Barclay.jpg" title="Barclay Rewards $1,300">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/Credit%20One.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo Credit One.jpg" title="Credit One $1,900">
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Back in with Chase After 10 Years! Approved for Southwest Personal Premier Card!

congrats !

Message 2 of 11
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: Back in with Chase After 10 Years! Approved for Southwest Personal Premier Card!

Congrsts!

Message 3 of 11
Artemis092
Regular Contributor

Welcome back to Chase.

If you build it, they will come.

Amex BCE | Amex ED | BofA Rewards | Citibank DC | CitiBank Best Buy | Discover IT | Chase Amazon Prime | Chase Freedom | Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great rebound, sorry to hear what happened your first go around but looks like your heading in the right directionSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
happypill
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!  The stories I've seen of people getting off the Chase BL have been people with high scores and strong credit profiles.  Your approval with mid-600s scores could indicate that Chase is relaxing a bit.  Sorry to hear your story of what happened, that really sucks.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! That's awesome! Congrats!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome getting back in with Chase!! Congrats
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting back in with Chase. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I'd like to have that card myself
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.