Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to back Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back to back Discover CLI

I received an auto credit line increase yesterday taking my credit line from $3200 to $4100.00. I generally charge the full $3200 and pay it all back off, so I thought a $900 increase was blaah. I hit the love button and got the "Decisions are typically made within 2 business days. There's nothing else you need to do at this time" message. I called in to make sure it wasn't a hard pull and the representative transferred me to the CLI department.

They gave me another $1500 with a SP.

Just thought I'd share my luck with getting back to back increases! Previous to these two, my last one was a little over 60 days a go. I started in February 2016 at $1,600.00. Thanks Discover!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Back to back Discover CLI

Always do a CLI after an auto CLI with Discover!!!!!!   It pays off Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

Always do a CLI after an auto CLI with Discover!!!!!!   It pays off Smiley Happy

I agree 100%.  It's almost as if this is a glitch and that one day Discover will remedy it.  Until then, hammer away!  When you receive an auto CLI, it's because you're obviously deserving of it based on your account/profile etc.  After taking an auto-CLI though, in the eyes of Discover it's as if you never took it; you can still request a CLI on your own and without question will receive it as you already know from the auto-CLI that you were deserving of it.  Interesting loop hole that I and I'm sure many others will continue to take advantage of until the day Discover puts a stop to it!

Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Instead of starting another Discovery CLI thread. I got just on day 58 of opening my account a $800 SP Luv CLI. Now. When the 90 days hits. Will they do their own CLI? Also from the first luv increase. That starts the clock again for the every 30 day luv button request?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no clock with Discover.  30 days is not a rule.  People have received CLIs 20-21 days apart from Discover from hitting the button every week.  I'm not sure if your manual CLI initiated and received would have any bearing on an auto CLI upcoming.  It certainly could, though.

Message 5 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There is no clock with Discover.  30 days is not a rule.  People have received CLIs 20-21 days apart from Discover from hitting the button every week.  I'm not sure if your manual CLI initiated and received would have any bearing on an auto CLI upcoming.  It certainly could, though.

Thanks. Least I got more than the standard 500. Didnt mean to hijack, Just get insight.

Message 6 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Instead of starting another Discovery CLI thread. I got just on day 58 of opening my account a $800 SP Luv CLI. Now. When the 90 days hits. Will they do their own CLI? Also from the first luv increase. That starts the clock again for the every 30 day luv button request?

I've never gotten an auto CLI from Discover; I've had to work for each one.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Typically from what I've seen here is that you will get an AUTO after the initial opening of the account if you're in the right bucket to get one.  This will indicate they're willing to give you more if you go hit the button when you notice it.  There have been some people though mentioning an AUTO later in life of the card due to them not using it too much or taking a break for several months of not using it.  With Discover there is no clock after the first 90 days that the reps claim is the minimum before they'll give out a CLI on a new account.  The only other clock that counts is the 1 year before you can apply for another variant of Discover and potentially be approved.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.