Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to rebuilding cards

tag
blazerein
Established Contributor

Back to rebuilding cards

I never had a credit card for the past 5 years now since I screwed up before and scared that I’ll screw up again so I always pay with my Debit. My FICO scores are EQ 563 TU 583 and EX 585 and decided to rebuild again. I don’t have any inquiries but I do have 2 in collection that’s already paid in full. So first of I decided to apply with Fingerhut, approved for 500 SL, then I moved to Capital One Platinum, approved for 1K SL and my last one was Citi Secured approved $200. I did try the Discover pre-qualify message came back No card available for you then I received a letter that my score are too low, not even for a secured card. Goal is to get to mid 600 and back with AMEX (too bad they don’t do backdating anymore). Thanks for all you guys do in here, it really helps me a lot. If anyone can help me out or give me some tips, below is my profile. Thanks

Macy’s AMEX AU - 5K CL / 50% Util (just an AU, never use the card)
TJ Max MC AU - 1,800 CL / 50% Util (just an AU, never use the card)
Walmart MC AU - 5K CL / 80% Util (just an AU, never use the card)
Macy’s Dept Store - 3,600 CL / 0% Util
2 Personal Loans - In good standing
Mortgage - In good standing
Auto Loan - In good standing

New Cards:
Cap 1 Platinum with 1K SL
Citi Secured $200 SL
Fingerhut $500 SL

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Back to rebuilding cards

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 4
wit2bees
Contributor

@blazerein wrote:

I never had a credit card for the past 5 years now since I screwed up before and scared that I’ll screw up again so I always pay with my Debit. My FICO scores are EQ 563 TU 583 and EX 585 and decided to rebuild again. I don’t have any inquiries but I do have 2 in collection that’s already paid in full. So first of I decided to apply with Fingerhut, approved for 500 SL, then I moved to Capital One Platinum, approved for 1K SL and my last one was Citi Secured approved $200. I did try the Discover pre-qualify message came back No card available for you then I received a letter that my score are too low, not even for a secured card. Goal is to get to mid 600 and back with AMEX (too bad they don’t do backdating anymore). Thanks for all you guys do in here, it really helps me a lot. If anyone can help me out or give me some tips, below is my profile. Thanks

Macy’s AMEX AU - 5K CL / 50% Util (just an AU, never use the card)
TJ Max MC AU - 1,800 CL / 50% Util (just an AU, never use the card)
Walmart MC AU - 5K CL / 80% Util (just an AU, never use the card)
Macy’s Dept Store - 3,600 CL / 0% Util
2 Personal Loans - In good standing
Mortgage - In good standing
Auto Loan - In good standing

New Cards:
Cap 1 Platinum with 1K SL
Citi Secured $200 SL
Fingerhut $500 SL

Congrats on your new approvals.   The scores in your signatures are old?   Perhaps you should come off of the cards that you are AU on with the high utilization... they aren't helping.   You have some good non CC trades and perhaps just try to rebuild organically.  

TU 699 EQ 741 EX 767
- total CL = ?
- AAOA = 2.5 years
- Utilization = 9%
- Inquiries = TOOOOOOO MANY
- 50 accounts:
Updated 12/ 29 / 2021
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.