tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Back with Macy’s 3.4 years after BK7

@risingup2day wrote:
Thank you all!

@ pizza1
I think I’m done aping for a minute. Plus we don’t have a Bloomingdale’s close by. The closest is like 70 miles away from me! Do you have any input on the Citi Costco VISA? Apped for it like 2 or 3 months ago. Denied due to Bk7 and I didn’t recon it... kicking myself in the rear for not atleast trying since I took a HP for it. That’s why I am thinking of holding off for the next 6 months before apping again and the penfed cash rewards card. I apped for the penfed but I also did a loan with them... maybe need some time and payment history with them before letting me in on the cash rewards card.

Citibank has two sides to them...Citi retail and Citi Legacy, and both have very different lending criteria. The retail side is super easy to get in with or back in with...examples..Home Depot, BrooksBrothers, Best Buy(ive tried for 4 years for this and declined...only one I cant get for some bizarre reason), Blooms/Macy's, Shell, etc... 

The Legacy side is their true Citibank CC's, (the ones one their main Citi website)...and they are much harder to get, including Coscto which is a legacy card. Ive been declined for 3 yrs for it, and I want it bad, but to their defense, I always have way too many INQ/New accts for them for approval so I get it.  If I had no inq or new accts for 6-9 months, Id get for sure.  If you want  Costco, Id literally wait 6-9 months before applying to them as they are INQ senstive.  I will try for them in maybe Septmeber again and see what a little gardening does. 

Message 11 of 12
risingup2day
Regular Contributor

Re: Back with Macy’s 3.4 years after BK7

@ Pizza1 - I have both Home Depot and Best Buy. When I apped for the Best Buy card, I did it in store and I was shocked I got approved, both store and Visa version. And completely by accident, I selected the store card!😖 I called right after and explained I selected the wrong card, but it was No go either app again or close the account and try again, but no guarantee I would get accepted..🤬 So I have been hoping and waiting for an upgrade letter.

In regards for the Costco VISA, Let’s make it a date! We can app on the same day, 9/25/18! I just made an appt with Siri and made a 3 day prior reminder too.🤣 Do you think you can hold off til then?!? Lol
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.