Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bam. Another BoA CLI!

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bam. Another BoA CLI!

Grats on the new CLI Smiley Happy

I do believe BoA is around 50% of income for overall exposure. Some of said they have more. Interesting you only have a 200 cash line and its not increasing with the CLIs. Never seen that one before,

Message 11 of 49
2ski
Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I do believe BoA is around 50% of income for overall exposure. Some of said they have more. Interesting you only have a 200 cash line and its not increasing with the CLIs. Never seen that one before,

I agree the 200.00 is strange. I have 12,500 CL and they have me at 200 cash line as well. I have had this card for 10 years and have a clean file.

It hasn't been like that since I can remember, but not sure when they changed it. May be a reaction to the economic enviroment.

Current FICO 8:
Current FICO 9:

Inquires :              

Message 12 of 49
CBrow
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@gdale6 @2ski I believe @growthadvocate mentioned in my last CLI post that the cash advance limit is separate from the normal CLI request, so if you don't ask, it doesn't move. But yeah, it seems like a joke to have the limit be 0.5% of the total credit limit.

Message 13 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lately most banks have stopped giving good cash advance limit...Chase is the latest as it has slashed it too to everyone 5 months back, otherwise their cash advance limit out of total limit was generous before. I personally don't understand why its so...I understand banks want us to use their cards so that they can get merchant fees as well, but using/taking cash advance will also make them big money thru 3-5% cash advance fees right up front...which is more than merchant fees. To me, it just doesn't make any sense.

OP- Congratulation....Given the spending trend you have mentioned on this card and the age of the card itself, I believe luck has been with you, otherwise I have couple of friends who have this card for the same time you have but with heavy spend than yours, yet still they were denied CLI lately despite of having a thick profile and no any baddies...Sometimes luck does play a role in this game of credit, in my opinion....which we call it "Your Mileage differs"....Enjoy the increase...

Message 14 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CBrow ...I know you love increases like we all do...but don't u wanna slow down a bit on it..lols...unless you don't mind providing POI upon asked....Given such credit limit, very high chances that one could ask for POI , just a matter of time when though....Chase did freez all my cards with them and demanded POI...and many more banks...Amex is well known to do this....all my friends got POI request by Amex even though they had way lower than $15k in combined limit...This much limit does come under financial review sooner or later....just my 2 cents buddy...

Message 15 of 49
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BofA CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 16 of 49
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

as echoed above approx 50% of income is what I have seen from others and my own experience between personal/business.

Message 17 of 49
barca
Regular Contributor

Congrats OP

@Anonymous 

like you said it is all about YMMV.

I have 99.9K credit line on the cash rewards and they never asked for POI.

oh - did I mention I got 65K auto loan from them 3 years ago, no POI .

Even though I burn them heavily during the 2009/2010 financial crisis.

anytime I speak to CS - I am greeted well and they reference thank you for being a customer since 2005 - lol

the max credit line = half of income in my opinion is a myth

although I report 200K as income , I still believe I will pass the 99.9K CL very soon 

Message 18 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@barca wrote:

Congrats OP

@Anonymous 

like you said it is all about YMMV.

I have 99.9K credit line on the cash rewards and they never asked for POI.

oh - did I mention I got 65K auto loan from them 3 years ago, no POI .

I am sure you know that its not norm for a lender to give this much credit limit and never asking for POI...Just because you have not asked so far for POI then it doesn't mean you will never be asked for. And its not necessary for them to ask POI at the time of increasing CL, rather they could ask for it at anytime...and there are many banks which periodically review accounts, and Bank of America is one of them. I also burned them a big time while I was a student, and I've been barred for life by BOA. But they are still giving you credit after burning them just a few years back and gave you this much unprecedented credit line then it shows to prove that YMMV...I burned them 28 yrs ago and I am still barred for life, you burned them only a few years ago and still got this much limit...So, its all about individual's luck and bad luck, I would say.....Nevertheless, I am very happy that you are not barred by them and was able to get this much line of credit without POI...Good for you...God bless you...

I

Message 19 of 49
barca
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous  I agree with everything you said . It boils down to luck .

even the OP indicated he spends very little on the card, yet he got 43K.

btw - if you want to come back to BOA -

I suggest you open checking and savings with them , then app for a credit card after few months 

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.