cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banana Republic Luxe Visa upgraded to $6k — will I get Visa Sig card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banana Republic Luxe Visa upgraded to $6k — will I get Visa Sig card?

Hi,
I just did the chat feature online to get my CL increased from $4k-$6k on my Banana Republic Luxe Visa. I really like this card and the rewards system — for Q1 they are doing 10x points at gas stations and 5x points dining and grocery stores.

I wanted to get my limit to over $5k to receive the Gap Inc. Visa Signature card. When I called customer service and asked if I would be upgraded they had no idea what I was talking about and encouraged me to apply for the Gapcard if I wanted a Gap Inc. card — I tried to explain the difference but just ended up thanking them for their help and hanging up.

Has anyone been auto-upgraded from the Banana Visa to the Visa Sig?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Banana Republic Luxe Visa upgraded to $6k — will I get Visa Sig card?

From my understanding you have to be invited to upgrade, although maybe some others have requested and gotten upgraded?? Im not sure on that one but curious myself. My gap card is at 8,000 and i wouldnt mind it being upgraded haha. Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, okay. I figured when I got it above $5k it would be a lot easier, if not an automatic upgrade.

I have a lot of usage with this card — it’s ushally one of my top two everyday cards, especially now with the 10x gas and 5x groceries and dining point promo going on through the end of Q1. Would love to see some love from Gap Inc on the upgrade!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t blame ya. I went to chat months ago and inquired about upgrading my GAP card to a visa. Was told they would pass on the request to a higher department . Never heard anything . Might try again soon. You would think eventually they would let you ! I’ll let you know if it ever happens for me Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really surprised they haven't upgraded your Gapcard to the Visa at $8k... you could buy every item in the store two times over and still have some leftover money to blow!

Good luck with the chat if you do decide to go that route again. I'd just gotten bumped up to $4k not too long ago and when I went online to request it myself, I got shot down. Just so happened to get a chat rep to make it happen.

Will probably sit on it for a while and see what happens. Keep me posted as well!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally after a few months I got some good news! I did the chat feature and called last week and was basically told “just wait, you’ll hear something back when you’re eligible” so I decided to give it a rest. Checked my email today and saw this Smiley Happy:Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 5.55.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 5.56.17 PM.png

This has been my daily spend card for a while, especially this year since they've been doing the 5x points on gas, groceries, and dining for Visa card holders! Super excited.

Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

With Synchrony dont expect recons or upgrades done by request. The computer runs Sync lol and probably explains why their cars will be clueless on such inquiriesSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.