Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banana Republic Visa Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banana Republic Visa Approval

During my recent app spree, I decided to apply for the Banana Card in store, with the hopes of being approved for the Visa card.  I was approved for the Visa card instantly, with a $1k limit.  I received the card last night and the limit was $2.5k.  After activating the card, I called the Credit Solutions to recon the limit.  I requested $10k and was denied.  I then remembered the several post from members of the community about their experiences with contacting the overseas team late in the evening, and I did just that.  I requested $8k and after placing me on hold for a couple of minutes, the rep return and congratulated me on the increase. This call was literally five minutes after the first one.   This is my second sucess story after leaving the garden after two years.  My TU at the time was 728.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Banana Republic Visa Approval

Welcome to the forum and congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats! I love my Banana republic Visa. they send out promos all the time to get triple points outside of their brands and promos for inside their brands,too. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on the approval and welcome to the forum !!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Synchrony is great!
Message 6 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.