Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banging on that Discover Love Button

tag
CA4Closure
Regular Contributor

Banging on that Discover Love Button

Somebody here said to keep banging on that love button so I did. Last December there was a thread about Discover giving out CLI. So I hit that love button and they bumped me up to $27,000. Spent $10,000 in December then paid that off in January. 

I hit that love button and Discover boosted me up to $35,000!

Last October I applied and received a NFCU AMEX card. I got 60,000 points for spending $3,000. 

Date Points:
835, 840, 830
<.75% Utilization
Total Credit Line: $142,000

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Re: Banging on that Discover Love Button

Congrats!

Message 2 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 3 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CA4Closure 

Congrats on the increase.

I am curious as you state your utilization is under 75%, just curious what it is approximately? With scores in the 800's I would have thought your utilization would be very low or very aged credit report maybe?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

There's a decimal point in front of the 75. Very tiny. Need a magnifying glass or zoom in.

Message 5 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@AllZero wrote:

There's a decimal point in front of the 75. Very tiny. Need a magnifying glass or zoom in.

@AllZero   oh ok , because that made no sense to me. Didn't see the decimal point under 1% works lol

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I did a double take too. Those darn < signs blocking the view.
Message 7 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 14
CA4Closure
Regular Contributor

That is 3/4th of 1% hence .75%. I only have one card revolving and that is my Discover card which is less than $150 as we speak. At any given time, my FICO reports only $1,000 each month. This is because some of my credit cards do not report monthly.

I use my credit cards for traveling, hotel, rental car, expenses on that trip and fuel. This I pay off within two weeks of statement cut. My monthly expenditures for my job is about $12,000. My employer pays me weekly for any expenses accrued so I pay off my credit cards every pay day. 

My daily driver is NFCU AMEX and Discover. Travel I use the AMEX card for the rewards! 

Message 9 of 14
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

That's a killer Disco limit! Nice work!

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.