Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America Cash Rewards CLI -- Bank Is Crazy

tag
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Bank Of America Cash Rewards CLI -- Bank Is Crazy

BOA.png 

What is Bank of America doing? They're turning out to be like Discover for those that may be carrying balances and can't get a CLI with Discover because of it. I just hit the button and asked for $10,000 and they approved it. Up from $5,000. I guess I should have asked for more. I started in 2014 with no credit history/baddies, cleared my reports and now this is my largest credit line. I'm sure this is going to break the wall down with other cards in getting them to give me larger CLIs now too.

Not only that but Bank of America is also offering 0%/1.99% BTs like crazy on my account for 12/18 months. I'll take it. I normally don't share a lot of CLIs here but I thought this one was a crazy increase on a major bank card. I'm finally in the 5 digits though I have $17,000 with Lowe's Store Card as well. I'm so hyped for CLIs the rest of this year. I did also get an increase from $5,000 to $6,400 on my credit union card as well. I HAVE NOT joined the Navy Federal CU hype train though. I did join the Navy League San Diego Chapter though. I'll probably work on that soon.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank Of America Cash Rewards CLI -- Bank Is Crazy

Wow.  That's so awesome.. Congrats.  

Message 2 of 14
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  That is awesome!

I want to hit the button soooo bad BUT with my BK13 still reporting and my credit scores still in the mid 600's, I don't think it's worth wasting a HP.  I'm certain they will deny me.  I've been at my initial $500 limit since 2014.  I'm so sad.......but I'm patient.  My day is coming!!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 3 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@luxeprw9 wrote:

I want to hit the button soooo bad BUT with my BK13 still reporting and my credit scores still in the mid 600's, I don't think it's worth wasting a HP.  I'm certain they will deny me.  I've been at my initial $500 limit since 2014.  I'm so sad.......but I'm patient.  My day is coming!!

Unless something has changed dramatically, OP's TU was also in the mid 600s for this CLI.  You may be surprised at how generous they are.

Congrats, OP!  You may have left some money on the table, but if you are OK with another HP in 91 days, wait for the Request A Credit Line Increase button to pop back up on that card and ask for $25k - you may be shocked.  My wife and I have received something like $44k (too lazy to do the math right now) in CLIs from BOA since New Years.  Enjoy your new 5-digit major, it's quite a milestone!

Message 4 of 14
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Unless something has changed dramatically, OP's TU was also in the mid 600s for this CLI.  You may be surprised at how generous they are.

Congrats, OP!  You may have left some money on the table, but if you are OK with another HP in 91 days, wait for the Request A Credit Line Increase button to pop back up on that card and ask for $25k - you may be shocked.  My wife and I have received something like $44k (too lazy to do the math right now) in CLIs from BOA since New Years.  Enjoy your new 5-digit major, it's quite a milestone!

I think my BK13 is hurting me with BOA, not the scores so much.  It drops off late next year.  I'm going to wait.  I'm in no need of an increase, just tired of seeing $500!!  

EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Erusidhion wrote:

BOA.png 

What is Bank of America doing? They're turning out to be like Discover for those that may be carrying balances and can't get a CLI with Discover because of it. I just hit the button and asked for $10,000 and they approved it. Up from $5,000. I guess I should have asked for more. I started in 2014 with no credit history/baddies, cleared my reports and now this is my largest credit line. I'm sure this is going to break the wall down with other cards in getting them to give me larger CLIs now too.

Not only that but Bank of America is also offering 0%/1.99% BTs like crazy on my account for 12/18 months. I'll take it. I normally don't share a lot of CLIs here but I thought this one was a crazy increase on a major bank card. I'm finally in the 5 digits though I have $17,000 with Lowe's Store Card as well. I'm so hyped for CLIs the rest of this year. I did also get an increase from $5,000 to $6,400 on my credit union card as well. I HAVE NOT joined the Navy Federal CU hype train though. I did join the Navy League San Diego Chapter though. I'll probably work on that soon.

Hey..hey...homerun!!..Congrats!!

Message 6 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

I think my BK13 is hurting me with BOA, not the scores so much.  It drops off late next year.  I'm going to wait.  I'm in no need of an increase, just tired of seeing $500!!  

Probably a good idea for the best result, but you're ruining my track record of peer pressuring people (including myself) into successful massive BOA CLIs this week.  C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it.  Don't be a square. Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 14
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Thats a fantastic increase. I need a high limit BT card but as usual I don't pre-qualify on their site. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 8 of 14
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Probably a good idea for the best result, but you're ruining my track record of peer pressuring people (including myself) into successful massive BOA CLIs this week.  C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it.  Don't be a square. Smiley LOL

LOL!  Trust me, it's so very tempting BUT I'm aiming for large increases so I must wait!  

EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

LOL!  Trust me, it's so very tempting BUT I'm aiming for large increases so I must wait!  

Not to pile on the peer pressure, but unless you've had any lates with them since 2014, you should be a shoe-in for a big increase now and another big increase when your BK falls off. There are people here with fresher BKs getting 3x-5x after a few months, let alone 2-3 years with an old BK. It's your card and credit, but based upon multiple posts here I'd be shocked if you couldn't ask for $2500 and get instantly approved today. Keep in mind they don't even put the button up if they don't think you have a good chance. It's only there because their periodic credit screens indicate you're likely to get the bump.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.