cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Approval from secured to Unsecured and CLI.

tag
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Bank of America Approval from secured to Unsecured and CLI.

A few days ago I noticed on my online Bank of america partially secured (99/$500) card that there was a link to request limit increase. So i filled out the form and it said 7 to 10 day message. So today i called to ask the status and they said it was still pending. So after two transfers to a credit analyst I asked about it she said well first we have to review it to see if we can unsecure it then we can review for an increase. Well she puts me on hold comes back then asks to put me on hold then comes back and says Congratulations! we are able to unsecure your card and you will be receiving your $99 security deposit back. Then she says now for your limit increase I can't approve you for the entire $2000 you requested but we feel comfortable raising your line to $1,000 and after you feel comfortable with that amount for awhile we can consider another increase in the future. She said the reason for not granting the entire line said total available credit. I think right now I have 90k in available credit showing on my bureau. Now i'm only utilizing about 6k of that amount and my utilization is only about 6%. Some of my new cards and limit increases haven't hit yet but i'm at probably 125k in lines. I have been closing some store cards and getting more bank cards and taking advantage of better deals and rewards etc. But I am stoked it's definately not my highest limit. I have bank cards with 8 to 10 times that amount but Bank Of America can grow over time and they can grant large lines and limit increases. I forgot to ask if they will waive the annual fee. I may have to try to product change to a no fee card. But i'm paid up on the annual fee until January and they may waive it when the time comes. But i was happy with the approval and increase to unsecure. I checked all my reports and there was no hard pull so they must have used a recent soft pull. Even better. My line doubled and my cash limit doubled. My fice scores are efx 716, 737 tu and 735 exp.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank of America Approval from secured to Unsecured and CLI.

Congrats on unsecuring and getting cli. Boa will grow fo shoSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.