Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Approval!?!

tag
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America Approval!?!

Last month, I applied for and received the Bank of America Unlimited cash rewards and was approved for a $22,500 credit line.  Lately, I realized that this was not the card for me and I called to do a product change to the Customized Cash Rewards.  The CSR told me after doing some research that this was not possible at this time, and if I really wanted the Customized Cash Rewards card, to close my Unlimited Cash Rewards and apply for the Customized Cash Rewards.  I thanked her for her time, but was not going to close a $22,500 cl card.  This morning, I figured what the heck and applied for the Customized Cash Rewards card and was approved for another $22,500.  Honestly, I was expecting a denial, but, braced myself that if I were approved it would be a very small CL.  Needless to say, I was shocked with the $22,500 CL.  This gives me a totall CL with Bank of America at $45,000.  I am excited about the possibility of  reallocating credit lines.

Next question is how long before I can reallocate credit lines between the two cards?

Just checked my reports, and not seeing any hard inquiries......

Screenshot 2022-03-08 074130.jpg

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America Approval!?!

Awesome SL though. CONGRATS!!Smiley Wink

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 2 of 26
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

@MarkintheHV wrote:

Last month, I applied for and received the Bank of America Unlimited cash rewards and was approved for a $22,500 credit line.  Lately, I realized that this was not the card for me and I called to do a product change to the Customized Cash Rewards.  The CSR told me after doing some research that this was not possible at this time, and if I really wanted the Customized Cash Rewards card, to close my Unlimited Cash Rewards and apply for the Customized Cash Rewards.  I thanked her for her time, but was not going to close a $22,500 cl card.  This morning, I figured what the heck and applied for the Customized Cash Rewards card and was approved for another $22,500.  Honestly, I was expecting a denial, but, braced myself that if I were approved it would be a very small CL.  Needless to say, I was shocked with the $22,500 CL.  This gives me a totall CL with Bank of America at $45,000.  I am excited about the possibility of  reallocating credit lines.

Next question is how long before I can reallocate credit lines between the two cards?

Screenshot 2022-03-08 074130.jpg

If/when either account is "eligible" for a CLI, which could be now, or some time later. Profile & BoA algorithm determines that.  My (2) accounts opened same day showed the "luv" button within a couple of days, and I did in fact call CS to reallocate from one to the other.  My SL's (both same to start) were substantially less than yours, however 😊

Scores as of April 4, 2024:

Message 3 of 26
Rex95
New Contributor

Regarding your question of how long to wait before reallocating balances with B of A, I'll defer to the opinions of others. I'm just here to say CONGRATS on those huge approvals! 

Scores - EX: 808, TU: 803, EQ: 806
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $15,000
United Quest - $15,000
United Gateway - $7,600
Amex Gold - $18,300 POT
Amex BCE - $20,200
Amex/Schwab Investor Card - $11,500
PayPal Credit - $2,500
Message 4 of 26
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on these approvals! They will grow even more if you treat them well. 

Message 5 of 26
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the approvals!

Message 6 of 26
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

I've had to reallocate credit lines with bofa after a new card was approved mainly becuz I wanted to keep my credit utilization low. I never saw any affects to my fico score. Maybe the only thing to watch out is if it's a visa signature card there has to be a certain credit line 

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 7 of 26
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your BofA approval!!

Message 8 of 26
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

@Hoben02 wrote:

I've had to reallocate credit lines with bofa after a new card was approved mainly becuz I wanted to keep my credit utilization low. I never saw any affects to my fico score. Maybe the only thing to watch out is if it's a visa signature card there has to be a certain credit line 

Both cards are Visa Signatures with 22.5k cl.  It would be nice to end up with one 45k cl Smiley Happy

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 9 of 26
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BofA CCR approval! It's an overall solid card!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.