Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America BBR CLI

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Bank of America BBR CLI

Hello again friends!

This is likely my last 'Approvals' thread for a while... I decided to hit up BoA for a bump on my BBR.  It was approved back in May with a starting credit line of $6k, and I did an immediate balance transfer which I've been paying roughly $200 on (+/-) each month.  My balance is currently $1700.

I know that with BoA customer initiated CLI requests are a HP on TU, but I figured my chances are as good now as they are going to be.  BoA's site shows my TU at 792 (same as Discover) but that will take a hit in a few months when my only reporting installment accounts age off.  I had four HPs on TU (now five), but one will be coming off in March with the other three coming off in July/August, leaving only today's HP... so it's in decent shape.

They approved my full request to take my credit line from $6k to $10k.  Smiley Very Happy

BoA_CLI.jpg

I know some might say I should have aimed higher, but my income/resources are modest compared to many on here and for a card that is only for BTs anyway (it's actually never been swiped a single time) a credit line of $10k is very appropriate.  I want to make sure if Synchrony ever loses their mind and sends me a 'blue envelope' I'll be in the best position possible to be approved for the AAA Visa (which in my state is BoA as well).

One final data point... I almost waited because I have a payment due (1/15/2017) and I didn't know if that would make a difference (i.e. if I should make the payment before the CLI request), but apparently they didn't mind.  Smiley Wink

As I mention above, this will likely be my last CLI or Approval thread for a while, at least until/if the USAA Limitless comes to my state and their computer finds me worthy.  <fingers crossed!>

Thanks as always to all my friends on here for your knowledge and support, and here's to a successful and prosperous 2017!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank of America BBR CLI

Congrats UncleB on the CLI.  I have some charges I am going to be carrying for >6 months on a card is kinda the reasons I also applied for the BBR.  Going to be moving some limits around with them today most likely as well being stealing from the 3-2-1 and moving to the BBR.

Message 2 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats UncleB on the CLI.  I have some charges I am going to be carrying for >6 months on a card is kinda the reasons I also applied for the BBR.  Going to be moving some limits around with them today most likely as well being stealing from the 3-2-1 and moving to the BBR.

Thanks so much my friend!  Smiley Very Happy

It's not 'earth moving' but at least now I can carry a balance without getting a FICO 'ding' for individual utilization.  I originally got the card for the $100 annual rewards, but it's turned out to be a very good BT card as well.   (By that, I mean I don't have to tie up my other cards with a BT and complicate my monthly PIF).

When I called to activate it back in May, the CSR was able to offer me even better terms than what was publicly available online, which made getting the card even better (again not 'earth moving' - my BT at 0% for 15 months at instead of 12 - but still not bad).

Good luck on your Merrill... something tells me you're going to have good news soon!  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

It's not 'earth moving' but at least now I can carry a balance without getting a FICO 'ding' for individual utilization.  I originally got the card for the $100 annual rewards, but it's turned out to be a very good BT card as well.   (By that, I mean I don't have to tie up my other cards with a BT and complicate my monthly PIF).

When I called to activate it back in May, the CSR was able to offer me even better terms than what was publicly available online, which made getting the card even better (again not 'earth moving' - my BT at 0% for 15 months at instead of 12 - but still not bad).

Good luck on your Merrill... something tells me you're going to have good news soon!  Smiley Wink

I hope UncleB kinda on the Merrill hate the AAOA ding, but I guess there was no better time to get it since I was already hit with an Exp HP or least I thought I was.. Updated CCT today and don't see an EXP HP yet and my other CRA's are froozen so not sure if it is delayed or what.  That is nice you got the 15 months vs. 12 moths.  I believe mine is 12 months, can't remember all the terms just knew it wasnt the best nor worse apr.

Message 4 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I hope UncleB kinda on the Merrill hate the AAOA ding, but I guess there was no better time to get it since I was already hit with an Exp HP or least I thought I was.. Updated CCT today and don't see an EXP HP yet and my other CRA's are froozen so not sure if it is delayed or what.  That is nice you got the 15 months vs. 12 moths.  I believe mine is 12 months, can't remember all the terms just knew it wasnt the best nor worse apr.

I know what you mean about AAoA ding; that's what keeps me from 'biting the bullet' and going for an Amex ED card right now... I'm holding off hoping that I'll find additional value in the PRG before the AF comes due in May and won't have a need for the ED in any case.  (If only the MPX loophole would come back to life... LOL)

About the BT 0% on the BBR... I also got the 12 month offer when I apped, but when I tried to activate the card something went wrong and I was transferred to a CSR... it was then that I found out I also had a 15 month offer (the CSR was fantastic, BTW).  Several others have also reported getting better offers with a CSR than what is shown online; if you're interested in doing a BT to your BBR it might be worth calling to see if the same happens for you.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Happy for your success UncleBSmiley Happy. Ive used mine for 2 bts and definitely want to pay this off by the end of the deadline lol. No doubt with your profile you would have got more but nice to see restraint. Todays a sad day in the average joes household as i got my Boa fico update, already knew but, quite disheartening to go from a 702 to a 630Smiley Sad. Feel all my hard work is for naught and this basically stops my rise wirh Boa.

But on other note, glad to see you setting yourself up for a possible goal card. The BBR is a great card and ive been happy with it. Have a great New Year UncleB. Stay safe and wellSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 28
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI.. this card is on my long list.... BofA was great to me with my 99/500 card that recently unsecured and is now a 3-2-1....

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Happy for your success UncleBSmiley Happy. Ive used mine for 2 bts and definitely want to pay this off by the end of the deadline lol. No doubt with your profile you would have got more but nice to see restraint. Todays a sad day in the average joes household as i got my Boa fico update, already knew but, quite disheartening to go from a 702 to a 630Smiley Sad. Feel all my hard work is for naught and this basically stops my rise wirh Boa.

But on other note, glad to see you setting yourself up for a possible goal card. The BBR is a great card and ive been happy with it. Have a great New Year UncleB. Stay safe and wellSmiley Happy

Thanks so much for your kind words, my friend!  Smiley Very Happy

Keep your chin up... things can change quickly and nothing credit-wise is insurmountable (I'll send you a PM).  Smiley Wink

Here's to a New Year, and new beginnings!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@fltireguy wrote:

Congrats on the CLI.. this card is on my long list.... BofA was great to me with my 99/500 card that recently unsecured and is now a 3-2-1....

Thanks fltireguy!  Smiley Very Happy

To be honest, I got this card back in May really just to see if I would be able to (I included MBNA/BoA in a BK7 back in 2000), but it's turned out to be quite useful in addition to the $100 annual rewards.  Even without this CLI I would have had no complaints, but with the CLI I love them even more!  Smiley Happy

Thanks again!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 28
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Sweet! 10K is a very respectable limit and  what I consider to be a sweet spot for limits.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.